This blog post covers everything you must know if you are occurring for the [1Z0-238] Oracle EBS R12.2 Certification Exam
What Is [1Z0-238] Oracle EBS R12: Install, Patch And Maintain Applications
The Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Applications Database Administrator Certified Professional Certification is designed for individuals who possess a strong foundation and expertise in implementing Oracle E-Business Suite solutions.
This exam is required as part of earning the new Oracle EBS R12 Applications Database Administrator Certified Professional certification
- Note: To know more about this, check our FREE MasterClass On How To Become Oracle Apps DBA (R12)[1Z0-238]
Benefits Of This Certification
- After passing this certification exam, you’ll learn how to effectively manage Oracle Applications.
- You’ll develop and certify your understanding of the underlying architecture, configuration including, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and patching to stand out to potential employers.
- Not only does an Oracle Applications Database Administrator assume the role of a database administer, he or she also focuses on administering many of the components for the Oracle Applications Release R12 as well as database versions Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g
Exam Details (1Z0-238)
- Name of the Certification: [1Z0-238] Oracle EBS R12: Install, Patch and Maintain Applications
- Platform: Available on Oracle University and delivered via Pearson VUE.
- Exam Duration: 90 minute
- Exam Number: 1Z0-238
- Number of Questions: 75
- Passing score: 63%
- Exam Cost: $150 or INR 10,475
Note: 25% Discount on the listed price is offered to those who are an OPN.
Prerequisite For 1Z0-238
Step 1: Candidate must have one of the following certifications.
- Oracle 10g Database Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle 11g Database Administrator Certified Professional or
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional
Note: This certification comes under the Cloud Recertification policy.
What Topics You Should Learn?
If you planning to take this exam, you have to be well prepared with topics such as EBS Overview, Installation, EBS File System, Administration, Patching & Cloning, Concurrent Managers, Autoconfig, and password management. So once you are done with learning these topics & doing Hands-on, you are ready for the exam.
Here are Module wise topics that we cover in our Oracle Apps DBA Training Program
The 8-week Roadmap
You can use this 8-week Roadmap from our [1Z0-238] Oracle AppsDBA R12.2 Training Program covering the below Modules which will help you to clear the 1Z0-238 Certification Exam in your first attempt.
1) Overview & Architecture
To know more about EBS Architecture, check out K21 Academy’s post, Here.
These topics have been covered in Module 1: EBS R12.2 Overview & Architecture, in this we cover the basic overview and Architecture of the EBS R12.2, along with the concurrent manager overview and Architecture changes from the previous version.
2) R12.2 Installation
These topics have been covered in Module 2: R12.2 Installation, this includes the R12.2 installation overview, installation options, Rapidwiz & Stage Area.
To know more about the high-level Oracle E-Business Suite installation, check our previous blog, HERE
3) File System & Important Files
These topics are covered in Module 3: File System in EBS R12.2, this gives the basic overview of the EBS File System and other necessary files.
For the further information on File Systems in EBS R12.2, check our post, Here
4) Start/Stop In EBS R12.2
These topics are covered in Module 4: Start/Stop in EBS R12.2, and this topic specifies how to start/stop Apps and Database Tier in EBS R12.2, R12.2 Web/OHS & Managed Service Start/Stop.
To know more about the EBS Services, check our previous blog, Here
5) AD Administration
We have covered these topics in Module 5: AD Administration, and In this, You will learn about the AD Utilities, Ad Admin, Maintain Application File Menu, Maintain Database Activities, AD Controller, AD Relink, AD Merge Patch, AD Configuration, AD Job Time Report, etc.
6) Patching In AppsDBA – ADOP, ADPATC, OPATCH
These topics are covered in Module 6: Patching in AppsDBA and this includes the Patching Overview, its types & structure, Finding Patches and ADOP Overview, Online Patching, ADOP Phases, ADOP Options & Monitoring, ADOP Patch Examples, etc.
7) Cloning in EBS R12.2 (DB & Apps Tier)
Below topics are covered in Module 7: Cloning in EBS R12.2, It gives a high-level overview of the Cloning in EBS R12.2, Rapid Clone basic steps, OraInventory, Configure Source & Target Apps & DB Tier, Troubleshooting, etc.
To know more about the Basic Step for Cloning, check our post Here
Also, check our post on 10 Key Points Must Remember while Cloning, Here
8) Concurrent Managers
These topics are covered in Module 8: Concurrent Managers. In this, we will see the concurrent processing & features along with its types, Concurrent request & its phases, Work shifts, Concurrent Profiles.
To know more about the Concurrent Managers, check our previous post, Here
The above topics are covered in Module 9: AutoConfig. This section gives the Overview of the Autoconfig, its components, Running Autoconfig on Apps and DB Tier, Files Changed, Rollback, Customization in AutoConfig, etc.
10) Password Management
These topics are covered in Module 10: Password Management, It includes Managing Password, AFPASSWD Utility, Creating Users and Assigning Responsibility, Profile Options, Oracle Application Managers Overview, etc.
11) Troubleshooting & Scalability
This section is covered in Module 11: Troubleshooting & Scalability, and we cover how to Troubleshoot OHS/Apache/Weblogic & OACore issues, JDBC/DB connection & Concurrent Manager., Patching & Cloning
Check our previous post on :
- [Troubleshooting] Oracle Apps R12.2 Online Patching ADOP: Prepare Phase Issue, Here
- [Troubleshooting] Concurrent Manager: System Hold, Fix Manager Before Resetting Counters, Here
- [Solved] Oracle R12.2 AppsDBA: Adop Hotpatch Issue, Here
- [Solved] RW-50010 Issue While Installing Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.2, Here
Register for the 1Z0-238 exam at Oracle’s official website i.e. Oracle EBS R12: Install, Patch and Maintain Applications Specialist
Top Certification FAQs
- If I fail in an exam, how soon can I retake it?: You need to wait for 14 days before re-taking an exam & only allowed 4 attempts to pass an exam in a 12-month period
- Who this certification is for?: Core DBA’s, Apps DBA’s
- Do I Need DBA knowledge: You only need to have knowledge of basic Architecture of AppsDBA and its concepts
- How this certification will help in Job: Two CVs with same experience but one with Certification will be preferred by recruiters & Better Job Prospects & Higher Salary
- FREE MasterClass On How To Become Oracle Apps DBA (R12)[1Z0-238]
- Oracle EBS R12: Install, Patch and Maintain Applications Associate
- Step-by-Step Activity Guides to Clear the Exam
Next Task For You
Prepare for this Certification Exam in Oracle AppsDBA Training by Joining the FREE Masterclass on How To Become Oracle Apps DBA (R12).