This post covers FREE videos on File System in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 for Apps DBAs taken from one the Lessons in Module File System, Environment File & Consoles in EBS R12.2 in our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training.
If you have not yet gone through previous FREE training videos then I suggest you look at
- Architecture in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 for Apps DBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 7 Lessons Architecture Module I of Oracle Apps DBA Training )
- Installation of Oracle Apps DBA R12.2 for Apps DBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 6 Lessons Installation Module II of Oracle Apps DBA Training)
- Patching in Oracle AppsDBA R 12.2 for AppsDBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 13 Lessons Patching Module V of Oracle Apps DBA Training)
Note: Video starts with topics we are planning to cover in this 5 Lesson Module on File System in R12.2 .
How does file system look like in Oracle EBS specially for Database Tier (12c Database Oracle Home & Datafiles) and Application Tier File System (fs1, fs2 and fs_ne)
Oracle Apps R12.2 has Dual File System (fs1 & fs2), which helps organisations to have less downtime during patching. By introducing duplicate file system, Oracle has reduced patching downtime and improved availability of the system.
We can focus on three major parts of the E-Business Suite 12.2 file system:
- File System 1 (fs1): /u01/oracle/PROD/fs1
- File System 2 (fs2): /u01/oracle/PROD/fs2
- Non-Editioned File System (fs_ne): /u01/oracle/PROD/fs_ne
Note: Here /u01/oracle/PROD is Oracle EBS install base directory.
Did you find this video about File System in R12.2 useful ?
Are you having any queries in R12.2 File System ?
Have a question related to your Oracle Apps DBA Career or Trainings in Oracle for Oracle ACE, Atul Kumar ?
Post under comments below for instant reply or feedback so we can post more FREE videos like above.