In this post we are going to cover, Rapid Clone – Basic Steps of Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 and it is one of the Lessons from our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training.
For those who are new with Cloning in Oracle E-Business Suite (R12):
- The method of creating an identical copy of an existing Applications system
- To create a test system from a Production System
- To create a training system
- Move an existing system to another machine * binary compatible
- You can clone to a binary compatible platform
- E.g.: AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.1
HP-UX 11.0 to HP-UX 11i
- E.g.: AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.1
- You cannot clone to a different Platform:-
- E.g.: AIX to SOLARIS
To know more about cloning check here 10 Key points every Apps DBA must know while cloning
For Database cloning in R12 using RMAN backup, please refer our previous post: Oracle EBS (R12): Database Cloning from RMAN backup
Note: Video starts with topics we are planning to cover in this 9 Lesson Module on Cloning in R12.2 Training
It is a new cloning method introduced in 11.5.8 and still existing with the latest version – R12.2 (latest 12.2.7). Rapid Install 11.5.8 + uses Rapid Clone technology and no separate Target instance is required. It recreates the oraInventory for the Target System and also preserves the Patch History. Cloning via OAM will NOT be an option in R12.
Rapid Clone: Prerequisites
For the TARGET
- If Cloning for the First time on the New Server
- All the pre-requisite of the Installation will be needed
- Make sure, oracle-ebs-server-R12-preinstall-1.0-7.el6.x86_64 is installed is using OEL versions.
On the Source
- Techstack Patches – AD-TXK Delta 6 or Lower Codelevel – Two Step Cloning
- Techstack Patches – AD-TXK Delta 7 or Higher Codelevel – One Step Cloning
- EBS Technology Codelevel Checker (ETCC) – [Database and MiddleTier]
- Provide 2 “scripts “checkDBpatch.sh” and “checkMTpatch.sh”
If you are new to Oracle AppsDBA or already working as Apps DBA but on version 11i or R12.1 then suggest you first go through with below FREE videos on EBS R12.2 from Oracle ACE, Author, and Oracle Apps Expert Atul Kumar.
Our Training for Apps DBAs consists of 11 modules and each Module has around 5-13 Lessons.
- [Video] Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Architecture
- [Video] Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Installation: FREE Training
- [Video] File System in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2: Dual, APPL_TOP, INST_TOP, COMMON_TOP, FMW_HOME
- [Video] Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Services: Start/Stop
- [Video] Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Patching (ADOP): FREE Training
- Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Rapid Clone (Doc ID 1383621.1)
- Multi Node Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1375769.1)
- Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Environments integrated with Oracle Access Manager 11gR2 (11.1.2) (Doc ID 1614793.1)
This post is from our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training, in which we cover Architecture & Changes in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2, Staging & Installation, File System & Important Files in R12.2, Start/Stop, Patching, AD Administration, Cloning, Concurrent Managers, AutoConfig, Password Management and Troubleshooting and much more.
Next task for you
Are you having any queries or hitting any issues in R12.2 cloning?
If you like this post then don’t forget to share with your Apps DBA Friends