This post covers high-level Architecture of Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 and is one of the Lessons from our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training. Our Training for Apps DBAs consists of 14 modules and each Module has around 3-12 Lessons.
Since announcing this training on our blog We got a lot of requests asking for a demo of our Oracle Apps DBA Training. These videos are in membership portal (available for a lifetime) so when you attend the live session you know what to expect in class and can ask more relevant questions in class.
This blog is the first part of the series “Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2)”
As Architecture of Oracle E-Business Suite is the first thing Oracle Apps DBA should know, I thought worth sharing a FREE lesson from our Oracle Apps DBA Concepts & Architecture Module I.
In this FREE Video Lesson, I cover the basic architecture of E-Business Suite which is a 3 Tier Architecture.
- Client Tier
- Application Tier
- Database Tier
1. Client Tier: aka Desktop Tier, where end users access Oracle E-Business Suite.
2. Application Tier: aka Middle Tier as it sits between Client and Database Tier. The client will be accessing the data in Database Tier via Application Tier. This tier runs on top of Oracle Fusion Middleware and runs following services
- Web Services
- Forms Services
- Java Application Services
- Concurrent Processing Server
3. Database Tier: On this tier, Oracle Database resides and data for E-Business Suite is stored
In this simple 3 tier architecture, Client tier is where users are. The application tier is Where our business logic sits through which Database Tier is accessed.
Did You Find This Video Useful?
Post under comments below for instant reply or feedback so we can post more FREE videos like above.
Quiz from the above video: Where is the Edition Based Redefinition (EBR) feature of Oracle Database used in Oracle Apps (EBS) R12.2? Post under comments section and if not sure about the answer then watch the video again.
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Apps DBA by joining our FREE Masterclass on How To Become an Oracle Apps DBA (R12) & Earn A Lot More In 2020.