This post covers FREE videos on Start/Stop Services in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 for Apps DBAs taken from one the Lessons in Module IV Start/Stop in EBS R12.2 in our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training.
If you have not yet gone through previous FREE training videos then I suggest you look at
- Architecture in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 for Apps DBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 7 Lessons Architecture Module I of Oracle Apps DBA Training )
- Installation of Oracle Apps DBA R12.2 for Apps DBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 6 Lessons Installation Module II of Oracle Apps DBA Training)
- Patching in Oracle AppsDBA R 12.2 for AppsDBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 13 Lessons Patching Module V of Oracle Apps DBA Training)
- File System in Oracle AppsDBA R12.2 for AppsDBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 7 Lessons Start/Stop Module IV of Oracle Apps DBA Training)
Note: Video starts with topics we are planning to cover in this 7 Lesson Module on Start/Stop in R12.2 Training
How do you start and stop services, Apps Tier & DB Tier in R12.2 and some additional services are added in R12.2 with introduction of FMW (Fusion Middleware), specifically Weblogic, OHS (Oracle Http Server) etc.
When Rapid Install sets up and configures the service and server processes, it stores a control script for each process in the $INST_TOP/admin/scripts directory.
Certain maintenance procedures require that you stop one or more services or servers manually, and restart them after you complete the procedure. By running the appropriate script on the command line, along with a stop or start argument, you can stop (or start) a single server process, several processes, or all processes.
- Start all application tier server processes (adstrtal.sh (Linux)/adstrtal.cmd(Windows)): Used to start all processes with one command.
- Stop all application tier server processes (adstpall.sh (Linux)/adstpall.sh (Windows)): Used to stop all processes with one command
- How to Start / Stop services in Oracle Applications R12 ( Application / Database Tier)
- Oracle E- Business Suite Maintenance Guide
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Apps DBA by joining our FREE Masterclass on How To Become an Oracle Apps DBA (R12) & Earn A Lot More In 2020.