This post covers Online Patching (ADOP) in Oracle E-Business Suite (Apps) R12.2 for Apps DBAs and also part of one of the Lessons from Module Patching from our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training.
If you have not yet gone through previous training videos then I suggest you look at
- Architecture in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 for Apps DBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 7 Lessons Architecture Module I of Oracle Apps DBA Training )
- Installation of Oracle Apps DBA R12.2 for Apps DBAs here (One of the FREE lessons from 6 Lessons Installation Module II of Oracle Apps DBA Training)
Note: Video starts with topics covered in Patching module so far, How to Find Patches for Oracle EBS and then most interesting bit i.e. Patching Cycle in ADOP
ADOP stands for Application DBA Online Patching, introduced in EBS R12.2 to patching Oracle Applications while the system is available for users during Patching.
In an Online Patching, there are five phases PREPARE -> APPLY -> FINALIZE -> CUTOVER -> CLEANUP
Find Patches for EBS
- Login to My Oracle Support
- Click on Patches & Updates tab
- Go to Patch Search
- Click on Recommended Patch Advisor
- Type your product for which you need a recommendation (Oracle E-Business Suite)
- Select Version
- Click Search
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Apps DBA by joining our FREE Masterclass on How To Become an Oracle Apps DBA (R12) & Earn A Lot More In 2020.