The New release (19.3.1) of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Cloud Manager is now available and brings new features for EBS (R12) on Cloud.
In this blog post, I will cover:
- What is EBS Cloud Manager?
- What’s new in EBS Cloud Manager (19.3.1)?
- How to Provision EBS Cloud Manager (19.3.1)?
- How to Upgrade to New EBS Cloud Manager (19.3.1)?
What is EBS Cloud Manager?
EBS Cloud Manager is a tool through which you Create, Manage, and Migrate E-Business Suite on Oracle application on Oracle Cloud (OCI).
As an Oracle Apps DBA or EBS Architect, you need to know about EBS Cloud Manager.
Note: To know more about EBS Cloud Manager, click HERE.
What’s New in EBS Cloud Manager(19.3.1):
- EBS Cloud Manager Now Supports Fault Domain for Application, Databases, Backup Provisioning. A fault domain is a logical collection of the server inside the Availability Domain (AD). AD is a Datacenter inside the geographical location. To know more about Availability Domain & Fault Domain, click HERE.
- EBS Cloud Manager (19.3.1) Now Supports Tagging. Tagging is a type of labeling that tags/labels to help you organize and control resources. There are two types of tags: Predefined tags & Free-form tags, and both are supported.
- EBS Cloud Manager (19.3.1) provides Web Entry point Enhancement.
- Application Server can work as a Web Entry point (Load balancer is not mandatory for Web Entry).
- The load balancer is now Optional.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Supported.
- EBS Cloud Manager (19.3.1) provides Execution Engine Enhancement.
- EBS Cloud Manager’s tasks and subtasks run via a new execution engine.
- Details for subtasks or overall tasks can be seen by EBS Cloud Manager.
- Online help is available for Key Flows in EBS Cloud Manager.
How To Provision EBS Cloud Manager(19.3.1):
1) Log in to your Oracle Cloud account and go to the OCI Console.
Note: If you haven’t registered for the Oracle Cloud Free Trial account yet, then please Download the Step-by-Step Activity Guide to Register for Oracle Cloud Trial Account.
2) From the navigation menu, click on “Marketplace”.
3) In the Marketplace, you will get the EBS CM image as well as all the Oracle provided Images & partners.
4) Select the EBS Cloud manager version (19.3.1) and Compartment, then click on the Launch Instance.
Note: For the Lift and Shift Migration, you need EBS Cloud Backup Module.
You can download EBS Cloud Backup Module 19.3.1 as Patch 30115120 from My Oracle Support.
How To Upgrade Old EBS Cloud Manager to (19.3.1):
You can upgrade from 19.1.1.x or 19.2.1.x to Latest EBS Cloud manager 19.3.1 by using Done using selfUpdate.pl utility ran directly from the existing EBS Cloud manager machine.
$ cd /u01/install/APPS/apps-unlimited-ebs/bin
$ perl selfUpdate.pl
To know more about how to upgrade to the new EBS cloud manager, click HERE. (MOS Note 2434500.1).
- 2434500.1 Deploying Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- 2434008.1 Managing the Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager Virtual Machine
- [Video] Oracle EBS R12 on Cloud For Beginners: 7 Things You Must Know
- April 2019 EBS Cloud Manager Updates(19.1.1)
- Oracle EBS (R12) on Cloud (OCI) Beginners: 15 Things Apps DBAs Must Know
- [Video] Role of Oracle Apps DBA (EBS) R12 On Cloud
Next Task For You
If you are an Oracle Apps DBA and just starting your journey to Oracle Public Cloud, then we highly recommend you to download our FREE Guide that contains the 7 Things Every Oracle Apps DBA & Architect Must Know to Manage & Migrate Oracle EBS (R12) on Oracle Cloud.
Click on the below image to get the FREE Guide NOW!