EBS Cloud Admin tool, a Centralized Tool which is used for managing multiple EBS environment on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic (OCI-C), Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) & Oracle Cloud @Customer.
To know more about EBS Cloud Cloud Admin Tool, check our previous post on Cloud Admin Tool
Note: OCI is part of IaaS Service model (other 2 Cloud Service models are SaaS & PaaS), where OCI is re-branding of Bare Metal Cloud Service (BMCS).
If you are just starting your journey to cloud check our previous post on Cloud Service Model: SaaS | PaaS | IaaS
This blog talks about the same and covers the above scenarios in detail. Cloud Admin tool is used in managing and maintaining multiple Oracle Applications on the Cloud. Below are the highlighted features illustrating the capabilities of this tool:
- Provisioning Single and Multi-tier Instances
- Lift and Shift of Instances On-Premise to Oracle Cloud
- Scaling up of Existing Instances on demand
- Integrating Instance with OAM, Notification Mailer, SOA
- Cloning and Fast Cloning Methodology
- Backup of Instances
Though with the new versions these capabilities are frequently increasing. The current version of EBS Cloud Admin tool is 126.96.36.199 as of August 2018 and its self-detect and self-update tool.
Let us talk about EBS Cloud Admin Tool for Cloud at Customer (C@C). As we all know Cloud @ customer is unique offering from the Oracle to have Cloud at the Customer premises to address the governance and security-related concerns of the customer. EBS Cloud admin tool in such cases is available not via Marketplace but is available via Patch. As Cloud Marketplace is not yet available for OCC customers.
Capabilities specific for EBS Cloud Admin Tool at OCC :
- Moving on-premises EBS environments to OCC
- Provisioning new EBS environments to OCC
- Managing EBS on OCC and Exadata OCC
Here are the high-level steps for getting Cloud Admin Tool for cloud at the customer
1.Download below images from My Oracle Support and move to Cloud at Customer.
- EBS Provisioning Tools Image
- EBS OS-Only Image
2. Download the Patch which contains VM images
- Cloud Admin Tool Patch version 18.2.1 – 26910036. Its 5.7 GB patch.
- You need to upload the images to OCI Storage classic.
3. Once these images are there in your account then further steps are same as EBS Cloud admin tool on Classic.
- Login to account. Traditional one
- Create Instance
- Select Private Images which you have uploaded.
- Select Shape
- Add ssh Keys
- Select Shared Network – Network Screen and furnish details.
- No change on the Storage Screen.
- Review and Launch
In 15 mins EBS Cloud Admin Tool will be ready to use and you can connect it using ssh key’s and OPC user
4. Further, then you need to update the OCIClassicOSImage.json file with the correct image and you are done.
An important point to note:
- Configuring Cloud Admin tool for OCC is a one-time process.
- Some features might not be applicable for OCC compare to OCI-Classic or OCI model.
- The marketplace is not yet available for OCC
- Only available for Oracle Cloud and no other vendor.
Finally, we need to have knowledge of OCI and EBS on Cloud to run EBS on OCI as basic preparation of OCI for Deploying Instance and Provisioning, Migration and Maintenance of Oracle ERP – you need to have knowledge of EBS from Cloud Perspective. Please have a look at our:
Please Stay tuned for my next blog where I will be talking about EBS cloud admin Tool at OCI-C and OCI model
It’s your turn now to share one Tip or Ask Question-related to deploy EBS (R12) on Oracle Cloud under comments
If you are just a beginner to Oracle cloud, then check our below posts to start your journey:
- 7 Days FREE Trial to Start Your Oracle Cloud Journey
- Role of Oracle Apps DBA (EBS) R12 On Cloud
- Oracle EBS (R12) on Cloud: Architects Perspective: What and Why?
- [Video] Oracle EBS (R12) On Cloud Deployment Architecture
- EBS on Cloud Beginners Training
- EBS on Cloud Advance Training
- Oracle EBS(R12) on Cloud for Apps DBAs & Architects Training: Step By Step Activity Guides/Hands-On Lab Exercise
Next Task For You
If you are an Oracle Apps DBA and just starting out your journey to Oracle Public Cloud then we will highly recommend you to download our Free Guide that contains 3 Docs every Oracle Apps DBA must read in order to manage and migrate Oracle EBS R12 on Oracle Cloud. Click on below image to get the Guide.