This post covers one of the most important utilities/tools for deploy, manage and migrate Oracle E-Business Suite EBS (R12) on Cloud i.e. EBS Cloud Admin Tool
New To Cloud?
If you are new to Cloud then I highly recommend you to look at my FREE Live Training on Cloud on our Facebook Page
- Cloud Service Models (SaaS | PaaS | IaaS ) Note: You as an Apps DBA must be looking as PaaS (for EBS Database Tier) and IaaS (for Application Tier)
- 12 Point Checklist from Beginner to Expert Cloud DBA Note: You as an Apps DBA must be working on DBCS (DBaaS) or IaaS(for EBS Database Tier)
- Role of Oracle Apps DBA in Cloud Note: Point 7 at 6:17 is my favourite one
EBS Cloud Admin Tool
EBS Cloud Amin Tool is one of the most critical tools that every Oracle Cloud Apps DBA & Architect must know on Cloud.
This Video explains What all things this EBS Cloud Admin Tool can do and high-level steps to deploy this on Oracle Public Cloud.
Oracle EBS Cloud Admin Tool is a utility to centrally Manage, Provision, Lift & Shift (migrate) Oracle EBS from On-Premise to Cloud or back to On-Premise. Below are the things that EBS Cloud Admin tool can do:
- It can provision a new EBS instance (including using Database Cloud Service or RAC on Cloud for Database Tier of EBS) on Oracle Public Cloud, Both Elastic Cloud as well as the Bare Metal Cloud.
- You can use it to add an additional node for an Oracle EBS (R12) instance.
- To Backup & Restore an EBS instance on the Cloud.
- To Integrate Oracle EBS R12 with Oracle third-party software like Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Identity, and Access Management Suite etc.
- You also use this Oracle EBS Cloud Admin utility to Manage Oracle EBS (R12) Environment.
Now in order to use this EBS Cloud Admin Utility, you first need to provision this EBS Cloud Admin Utility using a Template from Oracle Cloud Marketplace. SO the first task you as Cloud Apps DBA must do is Setup this EBS Cloud Admin tool and to set up this utility:
- Generate SSH Keys (Public & Private Key Pair) so you can connect to Oracle Public Cloud using this Key Pair
- Log in to your Oracle Public Cloud
- Create an instance by picking a machine from the marketplace of template EBS Provisioning Tool image.
- Once that machine is provisioned, you allow port number 22 so you can connect to this machine from your desktop using Putty and SSH Keys generated on the first step.
- Then Collect Compute and storage REST endpoints.
- You then update this EBS Cloud Admin tool to the latest Codeline. It’s going to download the latest version of this EBS Cloud Admin Tool from Oracle Site to your EBS Provisioning Tool VM.
- This EBS Cloud Admin utility uses a configuration management software called Chef. Now, this Chef uses programming language Ruby & Gems and similar to Unix Packages or RPMs. So you update the chef with the latest Gems specific to Oracle EBS.
- Then you Launch EBS Cloud Admin Utility.
To see what all menu items or options you will get in order to provision, manage and migrate your EBS R12, go through the video above
If you are an Oracle Apps DBA and just starting out your journey to Oracle public Cloud then we will highly recommend you to download our Free Guide that contains 3 Docs every Oracle Apps DBA must read in order to manage and migrate Oracle EBS R12 on Oracle Cloud. Click on below link to get the Guide.
Did You Find this Video useful?
What more topics you want to see as part of Tech Tip on Oracle EBS on Cloud?
Leave a Comment !!