In our 6 weeks EBS R12.2 Upgrade Training, we cover below Modules & step-by-step hands-on guides.
Note: Checkout our blog to know more about EBS R12.2 Upgrade.
- Activity Guide I: EBS R12.1.3 Installation
- Activity Guide II: Database Upgrade To 22.214.171.124
- Activity Guide III: Autoconfig, DB Patches & DST Version
- Activity Guide IV: Upgrade 12.1.3 To 12.2.0
- Activity Guide V: 12.2.0 To 12.2.9 Patching
- Activity Guide VI: Database Upgrade To 126.96.36.199 & JWS Enablement
EBS Architecture Concepts:
It is a three-tier architecture:
- Client Tier
- Application Tier
- Database Tier
Read our blog to know more about the EBS Architecture.
Activity Guide I: EBS R12.1.3 Installation ^
The first thing you must do is to install EBS R12.1.3 version so that you have a base version to upgrade to EBS R12.2. You can also have EBS 11i or R12.0 as your base version.
Oracle Database 19c(19.3) has been recently supported for E-business R12.1.3 and R12.2.3+, and also 188.8.131.52 is going out of support in December 2020).
In our guide, We have installed EBS R12.1.3 (12.1.3 is more widely used than 12.0) and then upgraded it to R12.2.0.
This guide covers Step by Step Instructions to prepare stage & Environment to install EBS 12.1.1 & then EBS Upgrade 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 using patch 9239090.
Check our post to know more about the EBS installation.
Activity Guide II: Database Upgrade To 184.108.40.206 ^
After the successful installation of EBS R12.1.1 & patching it to R12.1.3, we need to upgrade the DB version from the base to 220.127.116.11 to make the EBS version compatible with the DB version. We check for the latest 12c patches for 18.104.22.168.
Also check: ADOP ( R12.2 Online Patching ) in Oracle EBS (R12) FAQ
Activity Guide III: Autoconfig, DB Patches & DST Version ^
This Activity Guide covers the DB patches that are required after the DB upgrade from 11g to 22.214.171.124, & Autoconfig which simplifies the overall management of an EBS and also allows easier startup and shutdown of applications services.
Also read Docker Kubernetes: Understand Docker & Kubernetes from the experts.
Activity Guide IV: Upgrade 12.1.3 To 12.2.0 ^
Once you have installed the EBS R12.1.3 and upgraded the DB to 126.96.36.199, now we need to upgrade the EBS R12.1.3 to EBS 12.2.0. We will see how to create a stage area for the upgrade and then enable online patching.
Activity Guide V: 12.2.0 To 12.2.9 Patching ^
Next, we will upgrade the EBS R12.2.0 to 12.2.9 by patching. For this, we need to apply AD & TXK Patches, and upgrade 12.2.9 patch and then MT ETCC patches.
Check our blog post to know more about Patching.
Activity Guide VI: Database Upgrade To 188.8.131.52 & JWS Enablement ^
Finally, after the upgrade, we will see how to upgrade your Database from 184.108.40.206 to 19c(220.127.116.11) & how can we enable the JWS.
To know more read our blog on DB 19c with EBS R12.2.
Related Further Readings
- [1Z0-238] Oracle EBS R12 Certified Specialist Everything You Must Know About
- 19c Database In Oracle EBS R12: Everything You Must Know
- Steps to Download Oracle EBS R12 Software from edelivery site
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 12.2.9 Now Available & Its Upgrade Steps
- MOS ID 1581549.1 Best Practices for Minimizing Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 Upgrade Downtime
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle EBS Upgrade R12.2 AppsDBA by joining our Training on Upgrade EBS R12/11i To R12.2