Upgrading your EBS base version to R12.2 can be quite complicated tasks, getting along with a lot of patching, system checks, etc. (We will be covering all this in our EBS Upgrade R12.2 Training Program)
To make things a bit easier Oracle has recently introduced a free diagnostic tool called analyzers for Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2, 12.1, 12.0, and 11i.
The Oracle Support Analyzers is a set of scripts that run health checks on your EBS environments. The analyzers check for common issues and generate standardized reports that provide solutions for known issues and recommendations based on best practices that could be taken to rectify the errors.
The Oracle EBS Support Analyzers provide value beyond troubleshooting and should be used as part of your ongoing production maintenance program for environmental testing.
Oracle EBS upgrade Methodology | Analyzer Tool | Key features | Benefits | Steps To Enable
While Upgrading to Oracle EBS Release 12.2, your database should be at the minimum version 18.104.22.168. To complete the upgrade to Release 12.2, you must upgrade your database to 22.214.171.124 or higher.
EBS Upgrade Analyzer Overview
The EBS Upgrade Analyzer evaluates your environment, determines whether all steps in each section of the upgrade guide have been completed and if you are ready to move into the next phase of the upgrade. It provides the output of critical environmental information that may result when encountering a failure with the upgrade.
Additionally, the tool will examine the environment for known issues that can cause concerns with the upgrade, and also provides what actions can be taken to troubleshoot the issues precisely before the upgrade starts.
Key Features Of An EBS Upgrade Analyzer
The following are key features of the EBS Upgrade Analyzer:
- It Runs as a standalone java program
- Analyzes your E-Business Suite upgrade environment in an easy-to-read HTML report
- Checks operating system requirements
- It Evaluates system setup and configuration, applied patches, and critical online patching data
- After checking Displays potential errors or missed steps based on the progress of your upgrade
- IT Provides recommended actions
- Collects all log files associated with the upgrade patching
- For installing analyzer, you will need JDK 7
- DBAs and System Administrators – run the script and review the output
- Product Specialists and Business Analysts – review the output
- Other interested parties/end users – review the output to resolve identified opportunity improvement areas
- It gives Immediate analysis and output of your E-Business Suite Upgrade data and progress from a particular environment.
- When it runs, it Evaluates E-Business Upgrade system data, setup and configurations based on the steps in the Release notes Doc ID 1320300.1 as well as the main upgrade guide Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Guide Release 12.0 and 12.1 to 12.2
- Once it analyzes the environment, It Provides recommended actions, displays potential errors or missed steps based on the progress of your 12.2 upgrades.
Steps To Enable EBS Upgrade Analyzer
- Analyzer Installation
- Each analyzer is installed via an SQL script and assigned to a concurrent process
- It will require a technical administrator with application accessibility.
- Analyzer Output
- Any user with the appropriate privileges can run available analyzers and have results included in their concurrent process reports
- The output is provided in easy-to-read HTML reports
- Analyzer Bundler
- This is a tool that enables the System Administrator to install any number of analyzers (or all of them) at one time
- It also provides the capability to set up the analyzers for auto-update on a monthly basis
- MOS (Doc ID 2552181.1 Interoperability Notes: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Oracle Database 19c
- MOS (Doc ID 1545562.1) Oracle E-Business Suite – Product Support Analyzer Index.
- MOS (Doc ID 396009.1) Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12
- MOS (Doc ID 2116869.1) EBS Analyzer FAQ and Known Issues & Solutions
- MOS (Doc ID 2634237.1) E-Business Suite Upgrade Analyzer – 12.X to 12.2.X
- MOS (Doc ID 2530665.1) Using Oracle Database 19c RAC Multitenant (Single PDB) with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2
- MOS (Doc ID 2554156.1) Export/Import Process for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Database Instances Using Oracle Database 19c
Related/ Further Readings
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 12.2.9 Now Available & Its Upgrade Steps
- Steps to download Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Software
- Oracle AppsDBA (R12.2) Training: Step by Step Activity Guides/Hands-On Lab Exercise
- 19c Database In Oracle EBS R12: Everything You Must Know
- EBS R12.2 Upgrade High-Level Overview/Steps
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle EBS Upgrade R12.2 AppsDBA by joining our Training on Upgrade EBS R12/11i To R12.2