The best way to learn is to perform!
This post covers Hands-On Activity Guides that you must perform in order to learn Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Gen 2 Cloud (OCI) & clear the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect (1Z0-932) Certification
In our 8 weeks Certification Training Program (1Z0-932), we cover below Modules & step-by-step hands-on guides.
Note: You can use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) 1z0-932 learning path for your self-paced learning as well as for your team learning.
Here’s the quick sneak-peak of how to start learning Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) & to clear OCI [1Z0-932]/[1Z0-1072] by doing Hands-on.
1. Activity Guide I: Register to Oracle Cloud and Customize Dashboard
The first thing you must do is to get a Trial Account for Oracle Cloud (You get 300 USD FREE Credit from Oracle to practice, that must be used within 30 Days).
Note: Get this first step by step activity guide absolutely FREE from here
In this Activity Guide, we are covering
- Register to Oracle Cloud account and once you create an account you will receive an email from Oracle and will access My Services Dashboard & OCI Console.
- After accessing Cloud Dashboard and OCI Console you will Customize it as per your requirement.
- Next, You will Create SSH Keys (Public & Private). These SSH keys you will use to Connect to Compute Instances like Windows & Linux machine from Putty or terminal.
- Then, You check other common things like billing and access other cloud services.
2. Activity Guide II: Create & Manage Compartment, Users, Group & Policy
Oracle Identity & Access Management (IAM) covers 10% weightage of the overall certification exam.
you must know What is IAM? This includes How to Create & Manage Compartment, Users, Groups & Security Policies for Securing Oracle Cloud. This is one of the first fundamentals that you must learn.
If you wanted to know about Compartment, check my previous post Click here.
3. Activity Guide III: Create VCN, Subnet, Security List, Gateways (IGW, SGW & DRG) & Route Table
Networking is the most important topic & it covers almost 30% weightage of Overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam.
To know more about Networking, I would highly recommend you to check my previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI): Networking
The Next steps after creating & Managing Compartment, Users, Group & Policy in IAM, You should know about Networking in OCI.
- Virtual Cloud Network with related resources (VCN) CIDR 10.0.0.0/16, Inside the VCN will create two Subnets i.e Public subnet and Private subnet and their CIDR are 10.0.3.0/24 & 10.0.4.0/24 Respectively.
- After VCN creation, Internet Gateway (IGW) will be automatically created as VCN we will select with related resources, so if request coming via the Internet can connect to machine inside Public subnet and Private subnet.
- On Public Subnet,
- In Load Balancer Module, you will create Load balancer on port 80/443 in public subnet so in this activity guide, for load balancer allow 80/443 port in security list’s rule.
- In Compute Module, you will create two Compute instances (Linux Machine and Windows machine) so in this guide, for compute instances allow port 22 for Linux Instance and 3389 Port for windows Instance in security list’s rule.
- On Private Subnet,
- In the Database Module, you will create one Database Host in private subnet so that Linux and Windows Instances can connect to Database. In this Guide, allow Database Port 1521 and 22 SSH port for connecting only on a private subnet.
- Next, on VCN level you create one Service Gateway and it will use for Public and Private Subent and will route from Public and Private Subent so both subnet access Object Storage for backups in OCI via Service Gateway.
- Next, you create one Dynamic Routing Gateway (DRG) on OCI so Fast Connect or IPSec VPN can privately access on-premise data. (DRG is must because traffic goes through DRG from On-premise to OCI and Vice -versa)
- After Service Gateway and DRG, wrap up this activity Guide with creating Route table and attach Route table to respective Subnet.
4. Activity Guide IV: Create & Access Compute Instance
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute lets you provision and manages to compute hosts, known as instances. You can launch instances as needed to meet your compute and application requirements.
This Activity Guide Helps you in creating & Access Compute Instance In Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Compute covers 15% weightage of overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam.
To know more about Compute check our previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Compute CPU & Memory
5. Activity Guide V(A): Create, Attach Block Volume & File Storage Service (FSS) in a Compute Instance
You should learn how to Create, Attach Block Volume & File Storage Service in a Compute Instance.
Block Volume provides network storage to use with your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure instances. After you create, attach, and mount a volume to your instance, you can use it just as you would a physical hard drive on your computer. A volume can be attached to a single instance at a time, but you can detach it from one instance and attach it to another instance, keeping your data intact.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure File Storage service provides a durable, scalable, secure, enterprise-grade network file system. You can connect to a File Storage service file system from any bare metal, virtual machine, or container instance in your Virtual Cloud Network (VCN). You can also access a file system from outside the VCN using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect and Internet Protocol security (IPSec) virtual private network (VPN).
This Guide helps you in creating & attaching Block Volume & FSS to your compute instance.
Storage covers 20% weightage of the overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam.
To know more about Storage check our previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (Storage Object, Block, File Storage, Data Transfer Service)
6. Activity Guide V(B): Install & Configure Storage Gateway In OCI
Next Step, you should know how to Create & Configure Service Gateway
A service gateway enables your VCN to access public Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services such as Object Storage, but without exposing the VCN to the public internet. No internet gateway is required. The resources in the VCN can be in a private subnet and use only private IP addresses.
This activity guide helps you in creating and testing Service Gateway
7. Activity Guide VI: Create Load Balancer
Then, you should know about the Load Balancer Services.
For High Availability (HA) and Scalability, you deploy multiple applications in different Availability Domain (AD). A client must access these HA applications using Load Balancers, You must learn how to configure Public/Private Load Balancers, configures Security Rules, Configures the two Instances as Backend Servers, verify access through Load Balancer & check High Availability (HA).
The Load Balancing service enables you to create a public or private load balancer within your VCN. A public load balancer has a public IP address that is accessible from the internet. A private load balancer has an IP address from the hosting subnet, which is visible only within your VCN
Load Balancer is part of Networking & it covers almost 30% weigtage of OCI exam.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Load Balancing Service provides automated traffic distribution from one entry point to multiple servers reachable from your virtual cloud network (VCN). The service offers a load balancer with your choice of a public or private IP address, and provisioned bandwidth.
This Activity Guide helps you in creating & testing Public Load Balancer in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
8. Activity Guide VII(A): Create & Access Database in Gen 2 Cloud (OCI)
The Database service offers autonomous and user-managed Oracle Database solutions.
The next step you should know about is User-managed solutions that are bare metal, virtual machine, and Exadata DB systems that you can customize with the resources and settings that meet your needs.
This Activity Guide helps you in creating 12c Database in OCI & accessing via putty
To know more about databases in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure check here
9. Activity Guide VII(B): Create & Access Autonomous Database
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s Autonomous Database Service is a fully managed, pre-configured database environment. You do not need to configure or manage any hardware or install any software. After provisioning, you can scale the number of CPU cores or the storage capacity of the database at any time without impacting availability or performance.
This Activity Guide helps you in creating and accessing an autonomous database via SQL Developer
Autonomous Database is recently added in October 2018 under OCI Certification exam
The database covers 20% weight of the overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam.
To know more about Database In Oracle Cloud Infrastructure check our previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Database Offerings
To know more Autonomous Database check here
10. Activity Guide VIII: Create & Configure DNS
The Next Step you should know is Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Domain Name System (DNS)
This service lets you create and manage your DNS zones. You can create zones, add records to zones, and allow Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s edge network to handle your domain’s DNS queries.
This Activity Guide helps you in creating and Configuring DNS in OCI
11.Activity Guide IX(A): How Application host connect to Database Listener port (1521)created in Private Subnet
The next step you should learn about is How Application host connect to Database Listener port (1521)created in Private Subnet. It is the process of connecting two VCNs in different regions (but the same tenancy).
This activity guide helps you in connecting the application host to Db Listener Port (1521) created in Private Subnet.
12. Activity Guide IX(B): Configure LocalPeering RemotePeering NATGateway & Service Gateway
Next, you will be learning about LocalPeering, RemotePeering, NATGateway & Service Gateway. Local Peering is the process of connecting two VCNs in the same region so that their resources can communicate using private IP addresses without routing the traffic over the internet or through your on-premises network.
This activity guide helps you in creating & testing VCN Local Peering, RemotePeering, NATGateway & Service Gateway
13. Activity Guide X: IDCS – OCI Federation
This activity guide helps you in federating IDCS with OCI
Enterprise companies commonly use an identity provider (IDP) to manage user login/passwords and to authenticate users for access to secure websites, services, and resources.
When someone in your company wants to use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources in the Console, they must sign in with a user login and password. Your administrators can federate with a supported IdP so that each employee can use an existing login and password and not have to create a new set to use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources.
The above guide makes your learning & understanding the concepts of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure much easier and helps in qualifying Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Certification (1z0-1072) in one go.
You can get all these guides when you register for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect Training
If you are interested in our OCI program then please check our FREE Masterclass on How To Become Oracle Certified Cloud Architect [1Z0-1072] in 8 Weeks
Number 1 reason why we have 100s of success stories in our Certification Training is that if we not only cover theory & Hands-On Lab for each module.
I am happy and proud to share with you that 100’s of our students are Oracle Cloud Architect Certified, below are the Success stories of a few of them
- Live Instructor-led Online Interactive Sessions
- FREE unlimited retake for next 1 Years
- FREE On-Job Support for next 1 Years
- Latest Updated Training Material (Presentation + Videos) with Hands-on Lab Exercises mentioned
- Recording of Live Interactive Session for Lifetime Access
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (If you attend sessions, practice and don’t get results, We’ll do full REFUND, check our Refund Policy)
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle Cloud [1Z0-1072] Certified Architect by Joining,
FREE Masterclass on How To Become Oracle Certified Cloud Architect [1Z0-1072] in 8 Weeks, And start preparing today to clear the Exam for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Exam-(1Z0-1072) Certification.