This post is part-2 of Q/A series from our Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) on Cloud training for DBAs, Cloud DBAs, Apps DBAs & Architects where I have covered the questions asked by trainees.
To check the part-1 of Q/A series click here. If you have just started you have just started your cloud journey, then I would you highly recommend you to check my previous write away on Cloud Service Model SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
Q: Is it possible to Deploy EBS Database on Cloud (PaaS) and Application Tier at On-Premise?
A: In order to understand the answer specific to Oracle, First of all, understand Oracle E-Business Suite Deployment Options on Oracle Cloud and Oracle Cloud Concepts
- Oracle Cloud Service Models are a) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), b) Platform as a Service (PaaS), c) Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Oracle Database can be deployed on Cloud in Service Model as IaaS or PaaS
- Oracle Database on Cloud from PaaS is called Database Cloud Service (DBCS)
- Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS) has two offering a) Database as a Service (DBaaS) for Database Service on Virtual Machine and b) Exadata Cloud Service with Database Service on Exadata Machine
- EBS(R12) consists of a) Application Tier & b) Database Tier
- Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) Application Tier can be deployed on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) only.
- Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) Database Tier can be deployed either on A) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or B) Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Now to answer question answered by Trainee in Oracle Cloud Training, Technically you can deploy EBS R12 Application Tier On-Premise and EBS Database on Cloud provided below points are covered
- Database Tier on Oracle Cloud must be on Infrastructure as a Service Offerings (It can’t be PaaS/DBCS)
- Network latency should not be high, look at VPN option else you will hit timeout issues between Application Tier & Database Tier
- Database Port should be open from the server hosting Application Tier to Machine hosting Database on Oracle Cloud
Now it’s your turn to post your answers in the comment section and let us know where you are facing challenges in EBS on Cloud
This post is from our Course “Build, Manage & Migrate (Lift & Shift) EBS (R12) on Cloud Expert” with 1 Year On-Job Support and 1 year Unlimited FREE Retakes (If you need to know more about this program then reach out to our team at email@example.com )
If you are just a beginner to Oracle cloud, then check our below posts to start your journey:
- Oracle EBS (R12) on Cloud: Architects Perspective: What and Why?
- [Video] Oracle EBS (R12) On Cloud Deployment Architecture
- Cloud Service Models (SaaS | PaaS | IaaS )
- Amazon AWS or Oracle Cloud (Confused ?): Right Choice for DBA’s
- To check tasks performed by Apps DBAs in Cloud here
- Role of Oracle Apps DBA in Cloud
- EBS on Cloud Advance Training
- Oracle EBS(R12) on Cloud for Apps DBAs & Architects Training: Step By Step Activity Guides/Hands-On Lab Exercise
Next Task For You
If you are an Oracle Apps DBA and just starting out your journey to Oracle public Cloud then we highly recommend you to download our FREE Guide that contains 7 Things Every Oracle Apps DBA & Architect Must Know To Build & Manage EBS (R12) On Cloud in order to manage and migrate Oracle EBS R12 on Oracle Cloud.
Or Click on below image to get the Guide.