This post is part of Q/A series from our Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) on Cloud for Apps DBAs & Architects where I’ll cover the questions asked by trainees.
If you have any question related to Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) on Cloud then leave it under comment or ask in our dedicated Facebook group for Oracle Cloud
Q: Is it possible to EBS Database on Cloud (PaaS) and Application Tier at On-Premise?
A: In order to understand the answer specific to Oracle, First of all, understand Oracle E-Business Suite Deployment Options on Oracle Cloud and Oracle Cloud Concepts
- Oracle Cloud Service Models are a) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), b) Platform as a Service (PaaS), c) Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Oracle Database can be deployed on Cloud in Service Model as IaaS or PaaS
- Oracle Database on Cloud from PaaS is called Database Cloud Service (DBCS)
- Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS) has two offering a) Database as a Service (DBaaS) for Database Service on Virtual Machine and b) Exadata Cloud Service with Database Service on Exadata Machine
- EBS(R12) consists of a) Application Tier & b) Database Tier
- Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) Application Tier can be deployed on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) only.
- Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) Database Tier can be deployed either on A) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or B) Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Now to answer question answered by Trainee in Oracle Cloud Training, Technically you can deploy EBS R12 Application Tier On-Premise and EBS Database on Cloud provided below points are covered
- Database Tier on Oracle Cloud must be on Infrastructure as a Service Offerings (It can’t be PaaS/DBCS)
- Network latency should not be high, look at VPN option else you will hit timeout issues between Application Tier & Database Tier
- Database Port should be open from server hosting Application Tier to Machine hosting Database on Oracle Cloud
Note: If you wish to Learn Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12 on Cloud then look at Activity Guides that you must practice to learn it like Experts.
Do You have any Question related to Oracle E-Business (R12) on Cloud?
Leave a comment with your Question or Join our private Facebook Group dedicated to Oracle Cloud