This post covers everything you must know when you are appearing for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Certification [1Z0-932].
What is Oracle Cloud Infrastructure?
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is IaaS offerings from Oracle that enable you to build and run a wide range of applications and services in a highly available hosted environment.
If you new are new to the cloud, then I would highly suggest you check my previous post on Cloud Service Models (SaaS, IaaS & PaaS) & Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI): Region, AD, FD, Tenancy, Compartment, VCN, IAM, Storage Service
Who Should Go For Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Certification & Why?
- DBAs & Apps DBAs because both Database & Application (EBS, Peoplesoft, JD Edwards & Seibel) runs on top of OCI
- WebLogic & FMW Admins: JCS, SOA CS, ICS, ODI CS etc because of all these runs on top of OCI
- SOA on OCI: For SOA Admins because SOA runs on top of OCI
- Containers: Kubernetes & Werker
- Security Admins: SSO, Federation, OAuth because you can secure your application via configuring SSO, Federating with various Identity Provider & these can do on top of OCI
- Architect: Network, App, Storage, HA & DR because you are the responsible person to design the infrastructure for your application & databases
- Advantage(Unfair): Two CVs with same experience but one with Certification
- Better Job Prospects & Higher Salary
- 70% Agree, Certification improved Earning
- 83% Find more productive in Jobs
- 84% seen better Job Prospects
- 87% Enhances Professional Credibility
- Stand Out by Displaying Digital Badge on LinkedIn
General Information (1Z0-932)
- Certification Name: [1Z0-932] Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Target Audience: Designed for professionals responsible for designing infrastructure solutions using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Services
- Platform: Available on Oracle University and delivered via Pearson VUE
- Exam Duration: 105 minutes
- Number of Questions: 66
- Passing Score: 68%
- Exam Cost: $245
- 25% discount on this list price if you are an OPN
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Levels
As of Dec 2018, there is only one level for Oracle Cloud Architect Certification, once you pass the exam you will become Oracle Cloud Architect.
What topics you should learn?
If you planning to take this exam, you have to be well prepared with the topics Identity and Access Management (IAM), Networking, Compute, DNS, Load Balancer, Storage & Database. Once you are done with learning these topics & doing Hands-on Cloud, you are prepared for the exam.
Here are Module wise exam topic that we cover in our [1Z0-932] Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect training
1. Identity and Access Management (IAM)
The above topics have been covered in our Module 2: OCI – Identity and Access Management Service & Module 10: Advanced IAM in which we cover Apply core Identity & Access Management, Explain resource locations, Federation, governance & Security best practices.
IAM covers 10% weightage of overall exam
Networking is the most important topic & it covers almost 30% weigtage of Overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam and this was covered in our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Training Module 3: Networking (VCN, CIDR, Security List, Route Table, Internet Gateway, Subnet ), Module 6: Load Balancer Service (Public & Private Load Balancer), Module 8: DNS (DNS Records types, Create & Manage records) & Module 9:Advanced Networking (DRG, IPSec VPN, VCN Peering : Local & Remote, Fast Connect, Nat Gateway ).
To know more about Networking, I would highly recommend you to check my previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI): Networking
We have covered all these topics in our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Training in Module 4: OCI Compute: Bare Metal & Virtual Machine in which we cover understanding compute & sizing, troubleshoot options using console connections & boot volume, various compute image option & compute best practices.
Compute covers 15% weightage of overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam.
To know more about Compute check our previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Compute CPU & Memory
We cover these topics in our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Training in Module 5: Storage (Block, Object, File Service), in which we cover various Storage Options in OCI, Boot volume, Block Volume, File Storage, Storage Gateway & Data Transfer Appliance.
Storage covers 20% weightage of overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam.
To know more about Storage check our previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (Storage Object, Block, File Storage, Data Transfer Service) Storage contains 20% of overall weightage of Oracle Cloud Architect Exam
We have covered these topics of Database in our Module 7: Launch Database & Advanced Database in which cover Various Database option in OCI, ATP & ADW, Architect HA & DR solutions & Managing Autonomous Database.
The database covers 20% weight of overall Oracle Cloud Architect Exam.
To know more about Database In Oracle Cloud Infrastructure check our previous post on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Database Offerings
Well, I am Oracle Certified Cloud Architect but I am not afraid to say that I failed on my first attempt. I hear 100s of students who come to our Training after failed attempts and since then successfully completed certification 1Z0-932. So let’s see some of the common mistakes
- Using Exam Dumps on the Internet: Most of the questions in these dumps are wrong or no explanation.
- Not understanding theory or not working on all topics or working on old material (Remember material changed in Dec 2018)
- Not Doing Enough Hands-On
Number 1 reason why we have 100s of success stories in our Certification Training is that of we not only cover theory Hands-On Lab for each module but Exam Dumps, 100s of exam questions with detailed explanation on each module.
I am happy and proud to share with you that 100’s of our students are Oracle Cloud Architect Certified, below are the Success stories of few of them
If you want to see sample Sample Exam Questions (Dumps) or what to expect in the exam I’ve created FREE 25 Q’s that you can download FREE and click here to get your free copy .
We have stimulated the Oracle Cloud Infra Architect Exam (1Z0-932) in our course so that it will take your learning to next level and help in clearing your exam in one go.
- Free Master Class On How To Become Oracle Certified Cloud Architect [1Z0-932] in 8 Weeks
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect: Certification Exam 1Z0-932: Step by Step Activity Guides To Clear Exam
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect (1z0-932)Live Training
Action Task For You
I have prepared a one-pager Oracle Cloud Infra Architect Certification [1Z0-932] Action Plan Guide, Which contains below points:
- Check everything about Oracle Cloud Architect Certification
- Check my 8-week learning Learning Path for Oracle Cloud (OCI) Architect