This post covers FREE video from our OUD Training covering overview of ODS, why four solutions (OUD, OID, OVD, ODSEE), overview, components and use of OUD
1. Oracle Directory Services (ODS) is collection of Directory Services from Oracle including
- Oracle Unified Directory (OUD)
- Oracle Internet Directory (OID)
- Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD)
- Oracle Directory Services Enterprise Edition (ODSEE)
2. OUD is used to store Users/Password and Group Information and is used as LDAP. Unlike OID, OUD doesn’t need any Oracle Database to store data.
3. OUD uses Berkeley Java Database to store data in file system.
4. What are OUD Components?
- Directory Server: LDAP & LDAPS and Stores data in BDB JE
- Proxy Server: Acts as proxy between clients & Server containing Data
- Replication Gateway Server: Configure this to replicate data between OUD with ODSEE
Did you find this video on OUD useful?
What more topics you want to see as part of Tech Tip on Oracle Unified Directory (OUD)?