One of the most common tasks, when you are using Oracle Integration Cloud for leveraging your Integration related business needs, is to monitor Integrations & manage the errors. Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) allows you to monitor your integration, and manage errors from the ‘Errors’ pages in Oracle Integration Cloud Console.
This blog post discusses Managing & Monitoring Integration Errors in Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC).
If you are a beginner to Oracle Integration Cloud, I would suggest you check out the Oracle ACE & Cloud Expert Atul Kumar’s previous blog post on Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview.
Monitoring Integrations In OIC
- The Oracle Integration Cloud dashboard displays information about the current state of all your running integrations.
- The information and tools provided to monitor and manage your integrations in the runtime environment ease the tasks for the administrator.
- Administration tasks can also include working outside the dashboard, like when you activate or deactivate integrations.
- The dashboard gives you a quick view into the performance metrics for all your active integrations.
- The graph includes the total number of messages processed, the average processing time, the number of messages with errors, and the success rate.
- The Integrations tab lists the metrics for each running integration, and you can view a graph of the metrics for each integration in the list.
- The dashboard also provides a view of the recent activities for running integrations and the ability to download all the activities.
Monitoring Errors In Integration
- You can manage integration errors from the ‘Errors’ pages in Oracle Integration Cloud Dashboard.
- The ‘Errors’ pages display information about the individual integration instances and group the errors by integrations and connections over a specified time period.
1. View the error message
- You can view specific error details by integration instance.
- You can get the error message details in two parts:
- A summarized error message for easy understanding and resolution.
- A more specific error message if more detailed troubleshooting is required.
View details about a specific error in the following ways
1. Click on ‘View Error’ in the column on the right.
2. A summarized version of the error message for easy understanding and resolution is displayed.3. If a more detailed description of the error message is required, expand ‘Detail Error Message’ or just Click on the business identifier included in the failed instance.
4. The failed integration instance is displayed.
- In the upper right corner, click on > View Activity Stream.
If a more detailed description of the error message is required, Click on Error to expand the ‘Detail Error Message’.
2. Resubmit Errors
- You have an option for manually resubmitting a failed message. Resubmitting a failed message starts the integration from the beginning.
- There are two ways to resubmit an error:
a. Single failed message resubmissions
1. Click on Resubmit to Submit Again.
2. You will get a confirmation on top.
b. Bulk failed message resubmissions
- Click on ‘Select All’ to resubmit all the errors or select the checkboxes of the individual instances you want to resubmit.
- Click on ‘Resubmit’.
3. Abort Errors
- You can Abort an error message based on the integration in which the error occurred.
- An Aborted error message will be removed from the Errors page and can be seen in an aborted state on the Tracking page.
- You cannot perform any further operations on an aborted message and that includes recovery too.
- After a certain time period, the error message is permanently deleted from the server.
Abort errors in either of the two ways:
- Click on ‘Select All’ to abort all the errors or select the checkboxes of the individual errors you want to discard. Click on ‘Abort’.
2. You can also Abort the error of individual integration.
- Find the specific error you want to discard.
- Click on Abort Icon on the far right.
3. Aborted Integration can be seen in Monitoring > Tracking
4. Sorting Error by Integration
When you select Error by Integration from the drop-down and view the failed Integration instead of Failed tracking ID associated with integration.
- Now Resubmit the failed integration.
5. View the Status of Message Recovery
When you select an Error message recovery from the drop-down and view the status of the failed messages that have been submitted from Errors by Integration.
6. View the Status of Message Recovery
When you select Error by Connection from the drop-down and view the failed Connection b
I hope you find this blog post useful in understanding how to monitor your Integration and errors using the Oracle Integration Cloud Dashboard. If you have any issues or doubts regarding managing & monitoring an Integration or the errors in an integration, post it in the comments section.
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) ADW/ATP Adapter
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Notification Activity
- Our best blogs for Oracle Integration Cloud – OIC
- 6 Docs Every Oracle Cloud Integrator Must Read
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Instance Edition, Message Pricing, and License Types
- How to exporting Business Data and Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS)
Next Task For You:
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle [1Z0-1042] Certified Cloud Integration Expert by joining our FREE Masterclass.