In this blog, we are going to show you what is Business Object and how to export data from Business Object and how to export complete Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS).
If you want to learn about importing Business Objects check our blog How Import Business Data in Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS).
What Is Business Object
A business object represents a data client and can be implemented as an entity. A business object is not a database but is defined in the database schema. It is usually used to represents business entities such as an invoice, transaction, or some details.
You can create custom business objects to store data that is not provided by an external service. You need to specify each of the fields that your application needs. To create and modify business objects you can use the Data Designer to modify the schema of your development DB.
Creating An Export Component In VBCS
In OIC there is no default option for exporting business data so we need to add the export component in our app so that we can export business data in CSV format.
Currently, we have 3 Business Object “Department Employee and Location”.
On the main-start page, we have a table with combined data from all 3 BO’s so we will be using the export process from this page as it displays all the data and it will be easily comparable in last.
Steps For How To Add An Export Data Component In VBCS
1. Click on components
2. Select and add Export Data component and then click on Install Component
3. When the component is successfully installed the button changes to Uninstall Component
4. Now go back to the main start page. (or some other page where you wish to add this export data component)
5. Scroll down to the bottom in the Components pallet to section Extended Components.
6. Now drag and drop the Export data component on the page.
7. Now you can see the data source has been added.
8. Now we need to add Export Attributes by clicking the + symbol.
10. Provide attributes in that you want to export in the field, header text and the data type. (You can have multiple attributes)
11. We have selected multiple attributes like Id, Name, Location, Department to export.
Note: Field name should be the same as it is in the BO or that particular field will not be exported.
12. Now we need to test the export component so click on the play button to run the application.
13. Now your application will start in a new tab, Click on Export Button to start the export process.
14. Now a CSV file will download. Open the file and check the exported data.
15. We have successfully exported the business data from our application.
Export A Visual Application
You can use the Export action to download the visual application and its resources to your local system. After exporting the archive, you can import it in another VBCS. this archive can also be shared with team members to work on.
When you export the application you have an option to choose if you want the archive to include business data with the application. Although some data like credentials for external REST endpoints are not exported with an application so you need to provide the information after you have successfully exported the application.
To Export A Visual Application:
- On the Visual Applications home page, open the Application Options menu for the application version you want to export and select Export.
If there are multiple versions of an application you must use the Options menu of the version that you want to export.
Alternatively, when a visual application is open, you can choose Export in the application’s options menu in the toolbar.
- Select the export option for the application.
You can choose to include the data stored in the application’s custom business objects when exporting the application.
When you choose to export the application with data, the archive file will include a JSON file and a spreadsheet for every custom BO.
The JSON file is used to describe the business object and the spreadsheet contains the business object data. If you choose to export the application without data then the archive file will only contain the JSON file describing the business objects.
Exporting business objects and VBCS applications is very advantageous when moving an application, business data, or both to some other instance or archive the application.
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
- [Free Masterclass] Oracle Integration Cloud Services
- 6 Docs Every Oracle Cloud Integrator Must Read
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Instance Edition, Message Pricing, and License Types
- Oracle Cloud Documentation Links: OIC | SOA-CS | OCI
- Enabling Clone Utility On OIC-C (Doc ID 2481520.1)
- Oracle Documentation: Clone an Integration
Next Task For you
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle [1Z0-1042] Certified Cloud Integration Expert by joining our FREE Masterclass.