In this blog post, I have covered an overview of an Oracle API Platform Cloud Service. API Cloud Service facilitates you to create, manage, secure and consume APIs to new and existing services. It delivers a ‘true hybrid’ model, API gateways (engines that run the APIs) can be deployed onto any cloud service provider Amazon, Azure, Oracle Cloud, IBM Softlayer/bluemix, etc and/or On-Premises.
This is Offering from Oracle Cloud Platform Service.
What Is An API?
API (application program interface) is a set of routines & protocols used to build software applications by specifying how should software components interact. In simple terms, API is a mediator that takes your request and tells the system what to do and returns the response back to you.
- “API” is an important buzzword resonating within the tech industry today.
- Browser-Based Developer API Portal for providing developer self-service and API discovery capabilities
- Supports organization need for API Gateway applying the appropriate security policies.
Features Of Oracle API Platform Cloud Service
- It allows authenticated developers of mobile and web apps to access and consume your organization’s services.
- It can be deployed On-Premises or to Oracle Cloud.
- It can also be deployed on Amazon Web Services Cloud & Microsoft Azure Cloud, so enabling the APIs and your services to reside at the same location.
- Legacy applications and services can be accessed without modifying the existing legacy codebase.
- Capability to route requests to more than one service.
- It provides a completely new API management user experience on top of a proven API gateway—from API design and standardization, via Apiary’s trusted API design and documentation platform, to security, consumption, discovery, analysis, and monetization—your APIs.
API Platform Architecture
- Apiary: It is a user-friendly web tool where APIs can be designed in a streamlined manner. You need to specify available policies, specifying the interface with resources and messages.
- Manager Portal: APIs that are created in the apiary you can manage them in this portal. In this, you can manage, secure and published your APIs.
- Gateways: As On-Premise application can not directly access cloud services so we redirect them through the gateway. API Gateways are used to enforce all policies. The gateways can be deployed anywhere – On-Premise, on Oracle Cloud or to any third-party cloud providers. It is also used to collecting data for analytics.
- Developer Portal: After an API is developed and published Developer Portal is used to discover, register, and consume APIs. Developer Portal can be customized to run On-Cloud or On-Premises.
In this post, we have covered an overview of Oracle API Platform Cloud Service. If you find this post interesting and have further questions about the topic then comment below.
- Oracle API Platform Cloud Service
- Learn About Oracle API Platform Cloud Service
- Oracle API Service Datasheet
- Using Oracle API Platform Cloud Service
- Consuming APIs with the Oracle API Platform Cloud Service Developer Portal
- How to exporting Business Data and Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS)
- How Import Business Data in Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS)
- Process large file (above 10MB) in Oracle Integration Cloud(OIC)
- Oracle Integration: ICS to OIC Migration
Next Task for you:
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle [1Z0-1042] Certified Cloud Integration Expert & earn a lot more in 2020 by attending our FREE Masterclass.