In this blog post, I have covered the “opmnctl startall fails” issue and fix, faced while starting the Application tier in Oracle EBS R12.2.
- If you are new to Oracle AppsDBA R12.2, then go check our previous post on EBS Architecture, Here
- Also, to know about Start/Stop Oracle EBS Services, check our post here
- ( MOS-ID 2555355.1) Additional Steps to Configure OHS/OPMN 18.104.22.168 Components for Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2
“You are running adopmnctl.sh version 120.0.12020000.2
Starting Oracle Process Manager (OPMN) …
[2020-01-16T10:11:24+03:00] [opmn] [ERROR:1]  [internal] /u01/oracle/PROD122/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier/opmn/bin/opmn: unexpected exit: status 4200
opmnctl start: opmn failed to start.
adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0″
To check the log files for OPMN, go under FMW_Home\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\logs\OPMN\opmn\opmn.log
When we got the above error, We searched the error keyword “opmn failed to Start” in My Oracle Support and found this MOS-ID 2555355.1 Additional Steps to Configure OHS/OPMN 22.214.171.124 Components for Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 in which got below causes:
- The reason for the failure of OPMN and OHS to start is that the default wallets generated by Oracle Fusion Middleware contain self-signed certificates signed using md5WithRSA.
- The patched security library is no longer accepts certificates signed by md5WithRSA. The certificate signature algorithm must be sha256WithRSA or better
The following steps will generate a new wallet with an acceptable self-signed certificate and deploy it to the default wallet locations. This will allow OHS and OPMN to start.
1. Creating and Deploying a New Wallet
- Login as the user that owns the application tier installation and Source the run file system environment.
- Set an alias for the correct orapki.
(Note: The orapki utility, a command-line tool to manage certificate revocation lists (CRLs), create and manage Oracle wallets, and create signed certificates for testing purposes). For more information on Orapki, check this documentation from oracle, Here
- Create a new wallet with an acceptable self-signed certificate in $HOME/ss
- Find the instanceName of this environment and save in variable for later use.
- Go to the instance directory and Find the default wallets used by this instance.
- Verify that each wallet only contains the self-signed certificate.
- Copy the new SHA-256 signed wallet to all default wallet locations.
- With the new wallet in place, you should be able to start OPMN and OHS with the respective commands
- Once you have verified the successful start of OPMN and OHS, start the remaining application services ($ adstrtal.sh)
I hope this post might help you to fix the above error.
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [Doc ID 389422.1]
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Information Center (Doc ID 1581299.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.9 Readme (Doc ID 2495027.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.9 Now Available
- [Troubleshooting] Forms Issue: FRM-92050 failed to connect to server:forms/servlet
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 12.2.9 Now Available & Its Upgrade Steps
- Steps to download Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Software
- Oracle AppsDBA (R12.2) Training: Step by Step Activity Guides/Hands-On Lab Exercise
- Oracle AppsDBA (R12.2): Install | Patch | Clone | Maintain
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Apps DBA by joining our FREE Masterclass on How To Become an Oracle Apps DBA (R12) .