This blog-post will cover everything you need to know about the Microsoft Azure Solution Architect certification that consists of two exams, AZ-303 (Also known as AZ-300) & AZ-304 (Also known as AZ-301).
You must be having many questions like, why this certification is important? What domains does it cover? What are the eligibility criteria? How to prepare for it? you will get the answers to every question below.
New Update: The AZ-303 and AZ304 exams are released now which are the new versions of AZ-300 and AZ-301 respectively.
Prerequisites Of Microsoft Azure Solution Architect
There are not such any prerequisites for taking this course. But it is good if you go first with AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam.
Learning path of Microsoft Azure Solution Architect
Microsoft Azure Solution Architect
The Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Certification is geared towards those who advise stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Solutions Architects have expertise in compute, network, storage, security.
NOTE: You will earn this certification if you pass one of the following exam combinations:
Who This Exam Is For?
Anyone looking to gain the Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certification needs to complete this [AZ-304] Microsoft Azure Architect Design exam and the [AZ-303] Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies exam.
An Azure Solution Architect partners with cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and clients to implement solutions.
Also read: Azure Core Identity Services – Azure AD & MFA
How to Register?
Check our blog to know about the detailed steps for registering Azure certification exam.
- Certification Name: [AZ-303] Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- Prerequisites: There are not any prerequisites for taking this course. Microsoft recommends candidates to possess a minimum of six months of hands-on experience administering Azure.
- Exam Cost: USD 165.00
AZ-303 Exam Topics
Candidates should have advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance. This role requires managing how decisions in each area affect an overall solution. Candidates must be proficient in Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOps, and have expert-level skills in a minimum of least one among those domains.
The important domains covered in the [AZ-303] Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies certification exam are:
1) Implement and monitor an Azure Infrastructure (50-55%)
- Implement cloud infrastructure monitoring
- Implement storage accounts
- Implement VMs for Windows and Linux
- Automate deployment and configuration of resources
- Implement virtual networking
- Implement Azure Active Directory
- Implement and manage hybrid identities
2) Implement Management and Security Solutions (25-30%)
- Manage workloads in Azure
- Implement load balancing and network security
- Implement and manage Azure governance solutions
- Manage security for applications
3) Implement Solutions for Apps (10-15%)
- Implement an application infrastructure
- Implement container-based applications
4) Implement and Manage Data Platforms (10-15%)
- Implement NoSQL databases
- Implement Azure SQL databases
You can find a further breakdown of these domains here.
- Certification Name: [AZ-304] Microsoft Azure Architect Design
- Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for taking this course. Microsoft recommends candidates to have a minimum of six months of hands-on experience administering Azure.
- Exam Cost: USD 165.00
AZ-304 Exam Topics
Candidates should have advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance. This role requires managing how decisions in each area affect an overall solution. Candidates must be proficient in Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOps, and have expert-level skills in at least one of those domains.
The important domains covered in the [AZ-304] Microsoft Azure Architect Design certification exam are:
1) Design monitoring (10-15%)
- Design for cost optimization
- Design a solution for logging and monitoring
2) Design identity and security (25-30%)
- Design authentication
- Design authorization
- Design governance
- Design security for applications
3) Design data storage (15-20%)
- Design a solution for databases
- Design data integration
- Select an appropriate storage account
4) Design business continuity (10-15%)
- Design a solution for backup and recovery
- Design for high availability
5) Design infrastructure (25-30%)
- Design a compute solution
- Design a network solution
- Design an application architecture
- Design migrations
You can find a further breakdown of these domains here.
Check the blog which covers the Step-By-Step Activity Guides of [AZ-303] Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies & [AZ-304] Microsoft Azure Architect Design training program, which you must implement to become an Azure Solution Architect.
Here’s a step-by-step blog to help you create a completely FREE Trial Account on Microsoft Azure.
Azure Certification Benefits
- As a result of the increase in demand for Azure, the need for Azure Architects is rapidly increasing along the lines. Hence, one CV with this gleaming certification will have an enormous advantage.
- In terms of job prospects and earning, a certification leads to a rampant increment in both.
- Almost 70% of people agree that certification has improved their earning and 84% of people have seen better job prospects after getting certified.
- Updating your LinkedIn profile with this certificate will boost your job profile and increase your chances of getting chosen.
Azure Exam Retake Policy
- If a candidate fails the exam in his/her’s first attempt, they have to wait for a period of 24 hours before reapplying for the exam.
- In case the candidate’s second attempt also fails they should re-access their training and retake the exam after a waiting period of 14 days.
- finally, a candidate has a maximum of 5 retakes allowed in a year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What exam should be given first AZ-303 or AZ-304?
Ans: AZ-303 Azure Architect Technologies is your first step to start the journey of Microsoft certified Azure Solution Architect, after that, you can go with AZ-304 Azure Solution Architect Design. The resultant of passing both exams will give you Microsoft Azure Solution Architect certification. Which is an expert level 3-Star certification
Q2. I understand AZ-300 is getting expired I am planning to give an exam in the next few days should I give AZ-300 or AZ-303?
Ans: You can go with AZ-303 because it’s now released and latest. So we will suggest you revise the syllabus as there are some changes in AZ-303 and then go for the exam
Q3. Should we give a beta exam or wait for the actual exam?
Ans: Now you don’t even have to wait for both AZ-303 and AZ-304 exams it is released now. So you don’t have to worry about beta exams
Q4. What is the difference between AZ-300/303 and AZ-301/304?
Ans: AZ-303 and AZ-304 is the new version of AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies and AZ-304 300 Microsoft Azure Architect Design Respectively. For further details, You can click here for AZ-300 vs 303 and Everything about AZ-304
Next Task For You
Interested in other Microsoft Azure Certifications as well? Check out this blog post to know all about the [AZ-104] Microsoft Azure Certification Exam. Also, check out this blog to know everything about the [AZ-900] Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam.
Click on the register now button below to register for a Free Masterclass on Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification, Live Demo & Q/A which will help you clear the exam with flying colors.