This post covers What is Oracle Fusion Middleware & one of the most common concepts i.e. Java & System Components This the post is for beginners as Well who are already working on Oracle Fusion Middleware.
Fusion Middleware is a suite of products like
- Weblogic Server
- Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Content Management (like WebCenter Portal or Content)
- Web Tier like Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) & Oracle Traffic Director (OTD)
- Oracle Identity & Access Management (OAM, OIM, OID, OVD)
- Management Tools like FMW EM, WLST, OEM Cloud Control etc.
- Development Tools like JDeveloper, Eclipse, ADF etc
Video talks about System & Java Component which is very comprehensive and very demanding in the market and you should know about it whether you are IDAM Consultant, Apps DBA, working on Fusion Application, OBIEE, JAVA Cloud everything revolves around Java and system component.
What is Fusion Middleware
Software layer that lies between the business application and database Infrastructure which facilitates the creation of business applications Includes Web Servers, Application Servers, Content Management, Identity Management, SOA, Business Intelligence.
What Role you play depending FMW divided into three categories, Development tools as where a developer can write their code and after that can deploy on top of the layer of Fusion middleware, tools like SOA Tools, J-Developer etc. then you have Portals, Content, VoIP, Bussiness Intelligence, an Application server like J2EE, Grid Infrastructure, System Management, Identity Management these all come under one Umbrella i.e Fusion Middleware.
Java V/S System Component
Component which are managed by OPMN (Oracle Process Management and Notification server) knows as System component. Oracle component like OHS, OVD, Oracle WebCache etc.
Java Component know as Weblogic component means application or component which uses WebLogic server to run and create Domain Home after configuration. Oracle components like Oracle Access manager, OID, Oracle SOA Suite etc.
Note: Hybrid Component Contains both Java & System components.
Oracle Fusion Middleware has three tier Architecture i.e. WebTier, MiddleTier, and DataTier. Check the Video for more details on these Fusion Tiers.
Below are some handful queries asked by Trainees and worth sharing:
Q.1 Are we going to cover SSL/TLS?
Q.2 Are we suppose to be doing each tier? or we have experts on each tier?
Q.3 Apart from JAVA HOME, all other homes are inside Middleware Home?
Q.4 Is ant scripting mandatory for doing FMW deployments?
Q.5 How to check the FMW version from CLI?
Q.6 Can you please explain available versions of FMW and databases comes along with FMW?
Q. 7 How many oracle homes can one have?
Note: You don’t have to wait till course start date when you register you get immediate access to the portal where you can access videos & activity guides so you can start learning immediately.
This exact Module we cover in our Oracle Fusion Middleware Training, In this training, we cover Architecture & Concepts, Start/Stop, Deployment/Undeployment/Re-Deployment of Applications, Patching, Integration, Backup & Recovery, and Troubleshooting, High Availability(HA) & Disaster Recovery (DR) Setup, SSL Configuration, Configuring Load Balancer, Cloning from Prod to Test and Performance Tuning and much more including Step By Step Activity Guide for Practice https://k21academy.com/fmw05
FMW 3 Tier Architecture Overview
Next is FMW 3 Tier Architecture Overview in Part II of this Blog series
- [Blog] Cloning Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g (SOA, WebCenter, UCM) – copyBinary, copyConfig, extractMovePlan, pasteBinary, pasteConfig, cloningclient.jar Click Here
- [Blog] WebLogic / Oracle FMW to RAC Database connection : Using Active GridLink ? Click Here
- [Blog] Oracle Traffic Director (OTD) 12c : Basics & Overview Click Here
- [Blog] Configure Oracle HTTP Server infront of Oracle WebLogic Server mod_wl_ohs Click Here
- [Blog] SSL / Wallets in OID/OHS : How to manage certificates in Wallet using command line ?? ORAPKIk Click Here
Have queries? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you wish to speak then share your phone number and country code and a convenient time to speak.