This post covers How to merge two suppliers or suppliers sites from our Oracle EBS (R12) Financial Functional training, where we have a dedicated module on Account Payables (AP).
Oracle EBS provides a functionality to merge two supplier sites amongst each other. This functionality allows you to merge duplicate suppliers into one as a part of data cleansing activity or consolidate the duplicate suppliers.
Lets first understand about Supplier Merge Program:
You can merge sites of same suppliers into one or you may even merge two suppliers into one. While merging two suppliers into one, you have an option to merge the source supplier and site into an existing supplier site or just add the source supplier site into the destination supplier and create a new supplier site in the destination supplier.
Let’s see how to merge two suppliers or suppliers sites:
1. Navigate to Supplier Merge window in Payables > Suppliers > Supplier Merge
2. Select the option as what invoices have to be merged as a part of the supplier merge program.
3. You may merge all the invoices, only open invoices or none of the invoices as a part of supplier merge activity. Select the options accordingly from the list of values.
4. You may also have an option to transfer all the purchase orders from old supplier (supplier and site combination) to the new supplier. Select the checkbox if you want to transfer the POs.
5. Provide the old supplier name and site from the list of values in the “From Supplier” “Name” and “Site”. This must be your source supplier and site.
6. If you want to create the old suppliers’ site as a new site in the destination supplier, select “Copy Site” checkbox and do not provide the Site name in “To Supplier”.
7. Accordingly provide the destination supplier and site (if not creating a new site) in the “To Supplier” “Name” and “Site” fields.
8. You may add multiple rows to merge more than one combination of supplier sites.
9. Click on “Merge” button once done.
10. Payables spawn a “Supplier Merge Program” in the background.
11. You may check the report status and completion in View > Requests > Submit a New Request > Find
12. Purchase Order Header Updates Report and the Supplier Merge Report are also run automatically to provide an audit trail for your supplier merge activity. These reports give the list of transferred POs and the duplicate invoices which were not merged.
This post is from our Oracle EBS (R12) Financial Functional Training, in which we cover General Ledger (GL), Account Payables (AP), Account Receivables (AR), Sub-Ledger Accounting, Fixed Assets, Cash Management and much more.
- Supplier Merge Program
- R12: AP: Supplier Merge Issues (Doc ID 1279193.1)
- Automatic Offset Accounting for Accounts Payables (AP)
- Oracle EBS (R12) Financial Functional
Preparing For Interviews?
Get our FREE Oracle EBS (R12) Financial Functional Interview Question which will help you in clearing the Interview, by clicking below: