This Post Covers High-Level Steps to integrate Oracle E-Business Suite Release R12 (12.2 & 12.1) with Oracle Identity & Access Management 12c Release 2 Patchset 3 (188.8.131.52.0). First, begin with Identity & Access Management Overview.
Identity & Access Management Overview
- Oracle Identity & Access Management 12c Consists of Various Products like OAM, OID, OUD, OVD, ORM OWSM, OIF, eSSO, OES, OAAM. To know more about these Products Click here
- In Oracle Identity Management 12c PS3 (184.108.40.206.0) 4 Products are in use as OAM, OIM/OIG, OID & OUD. To know more about these Products Click here
- Oracle Access Manager is for Single Sign-On (SSO) Solution for Oracle E-Business Suite R12.
- If you are implementing single sign-on for the first time, or are an existing Oracle Access Manager user, you may now integrate with Oracle Access Manager 12c using Oracle Access Manager WebGate and Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate.
- OID or OUD will be used to integrate EBS with OAM as an LDAP Server.
- DIP is used for synchronization between Users in EBS Integration
E-Business Suite (EBS) integration with Oracle Access Manager (OAM) for Single Sign-On (SSO) involves integrating EBS with Oracle Internet Directory (OID) for user synchronization, pointing OAM’s identity store to use OID, and delegating EBS authentication to OAM.
Before you begin integration, you should read and understand all the high-level content described in this blog.
Note: Currently on 20th August 2018 Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.7 and higher with Oracle Unified Directory 12c is in the process to see when it will available check EBS technology certification announcements.
Software Component Required
- Oracle Access Manager –>220.127.116.11
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12–>12.2.2+
- Oracle Access Manager WebGate–>18.104.22.168
- Oracle Identity Management –>22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
For information about which platforms are supported by Oracle Access Manager, refer to the Oracle Identity and Access Management 12c (188.8.131.52.0) Certification Matrix.
Pre Requisite Installation & Configuration
- Install & Configure OID & DIP 12c (184.108.40.206.0)
- Apply some patches to Oracle Directory Platform DIP, OID 12c Bundle Patch.
- Integrate Oracle Internet Directory 12c with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.
- Configure Oracle Internet Directory to return operational attributes
- Install and Configure Oracle Access Manager 12c, Check the Blog Part I & Part II for Installation & Configuration of OAM 12c (220.127.116.11.0)
- Download and apply Oracle Access Manager Bundle Patch.
Pre Requisite on EBS 12.2 Instance
- Apply the Latest AD and TXK Delta Release Update Packs.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Application Tier JDK to a minimum of JDK 7 update 131 (January 2017 CPU)
Integrate Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) with Oracle Internet Directory
- Make sure all required OID and EBS Patched are already installed on Instance
- Ensure that EBS DB and Listner is up and running
- Run the ADOP Prepare Phase
- Configure OID with EBS (R12) from patch file system
$FND_TOP/bin/txkrun.pl -script=SetSSOReg -registeroid=yes -appname=$CONTEXT_NAME -svcname=$CONTEXT_NAME
- Run the ADOP Cutover Phase
Note: This finishes registration of Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) with Oracle Internet Directory (OID).
Download and Install Oracle Access Manager WebGates
As per Oracle Fusion Middleware Release Notes for HTTP Server, Oracle WebGate version 18.104.22.168 for Oracle HTTP Server supports only Oracle HTTP Server version 22.214.171.124.
- To download Oracle Access Manager OHS 11g WebGates 126.96.36.199 Click here
- Install Oracle Access Manager WebGates on your run file system (if there is no active Online Patching cycle
- Execute the following command to install Oracle Access Manager WebGates
$ txkrun.pl -script=SetOAMReg -installWebgate=yes -webgatestagedir=<webgate stage directory>
Integrate Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) with Oracle Access Manager
Step 1: Deploy E-Business Suite Access Gate
Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate will be protected by Oracle Access Manager and creates an Oracle E-Business Suite session based on a valid Oracle Access Manager session.
Step 2: Source the EBS Environment on RUN (R) File System Echo $FILE_EDITION returns “run”. Ensure there is no active Online Patching cycle.
Step 3: Execute the following command to deploy Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate.
$ perl $AD_TOP/patch/115/bin/adProvisionEBS.pl ebs-create-oaea_resources \
-SSOServerURL=<OAM Server URL> \
Note After successful completion of the script, ensure that your WebLogic AdminServer is running.
Step 4: Register EBS with Oracle Access Manager
Source the EBS Environment on RUN (R) File System Echo $FILE_EDITION returns “run”. Ensure there is no active Online Patching cycle.
If Oracle E-Business Suite is integrated with Oracle Internet Directory
$ txkrun.pl -script=SetOAMReg -registeroam=yes \
-ldapUrl=<LDAP URL:PORT> \
Step 5: You should only allow browsers to access Oracle WebLogic Server through your known web entry points.
Step 6: Test single sign-on integration now.
Login to Oracle E-Business Suite
You will be re-directed to your Oracle Access Manager single sign-on page. Login using valid OID user credentials. After successful authentication, you will be re-directed to your Oracle E-Business Suite home page.
Note: Perform a fs_clone to synchronize the changes to your patch file system before you start the next Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Online Patching cycle. In this Blog, we have mentioned steps on RUN File System.
That’s all for today!! These are the High-level steps to Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Oracle Access Manager 12c (188.8.131.52.0).
In our EBS-OAM/OID Integration training we provide the dedicated module for EBS – OAM/OID R12 Integration also we provide a module for WebGate, OHS, EBS Accessgate, DIP, OAM, and OID Architecture Deployment Installation & Configuration & lot more..
Watch out our FREE Facebook Live session with Oracle ACE & Author Atul Kumar, On Oracle EBS (R12) Integration with Microsoft Active Directory (MS-AD), OAM/OID/OVD for Single Sign-On: Customer Case Study & Lessons Learned. Click Here
- Oracle EBS (R12) – OAM Integration for SSO Click Here
- Oracle EBS (R12) – OAM/OID Integration for SSO: Self Study Click Here
- Oracle EBS (R12) OAM/OID/OUD/SSO Integration: Activity Guides from Training Click Here
- Integration of E-Business suite with Oracle Single Sign-on Click here
- Oracle EBS Integration with OIM (Identity Manager): Things you should know Click Here
- Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) Integration with OID/OAM 11g Click Here
- Overview of Single Sign-On Integration Options for Oracle E-Business Suite Click Here
- Oracle Single Sign-on for Apps DBA Click Here
- EBS-OAM Integration: OAMSSA-20142: Authentication Failure for OID user Click Here
- [Video] Oracle EBS R12 – OAM/OID/OUD Integration: Request Flow & Troubleshoot Login Errors Click Here
- [Video] EBS (R12)-OAM/OID/OUD Integration for SSO: Architecture & Components Click Here
- Oracle EBS R12.2-OAM Integration: Internal Error: Webgate allowed access to protected page GUID=null Click Here
- Oracle EBS (R12) – OAM Integration for SSO Click here
- Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Oracle Access Manager 12c (184.108.40.206.0) using Oracle E-Business Suite Access Gate (Note 2339348.1)
(If you are not yet the member of our Facebook K21Academy Page Click Here to get subscribed)
If you have not yet downloaded FREE eBook – 7 Docs every Oracle Apps DBA must-read for EBS R12 integration with OAM/OID for SSO get a copy in your Email