This post covers the Q/A’s from Day1 of DBA to Oracle Certified Cloud DBA [1Z0-160] Training. This will help you to understand what you should learn or look for when appearing for Oracle Cloud Database Certification (1Z0160).
In this session, We covered Module 1: Overview of Cloud & Oracle DBCS Offerings & Module 2: Creating a Database Deployment which includes the following lessons:
Also, we covered & discussed many Exam Dumps during the Live session. Check below one of Sample Quiz Question from the course portal & also the questions which covered during Day 1 session:
High-Level Things Covered
Here is the high-Level Overview of what we have covered & Discussed during Day 1 session:
1. Cloud What & Why
2. Cloud Service Model: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) contains the basic building blocks for cloud IT and it provides access to networking features, computers (virtual or on dedicated hardware), and data storage space.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): Platform as a Service (PaaS) removes the need for your organization to manage the underlying infrastructure (hardware and operating systems) and allows you to focus on the deployment and management of your applications.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): is a software distribution model in which a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers over the Internet. In most cases, people referring to Software as a Service are referring to end-user applications.
Note: To know more about Cloud Service Model, Check here
3. Cloud Deployment Model: Private, Public, Hybrid
4. Oracle DBCS Offerings (DBaaS, Schema, Exadata)
- Oracle Database Schema Cloud Service (Managed): Runs Application Express (Apex), to rapidly create data-rich web apps
- Oracle Exadata Express Cloud Service (Managed): Dedicated Schema with complete Development & Deployment Platform Managed by Oracle
- Database as a Service (DBaaS): Dedicated database instance with full Administrative Access including root access
- Exadata Service: Exadata Service on Cloud
5. DBCS|DBaaS Pricing Model:
To check more on Pricing Model, Please check here
We end our discussion with how to Sign-In to Oracle Cloud and the Roles and Responsibilities of Cloud DBA
Step by Step Guide to Register & Access Oracle Cloud for FREE, get a copy from here
Below are a few queries asked by our Trainees in the very interactive session and worth sharing:
Q1). Please elaborate pricing model. If the initial signup is available only for 30 Days. How we can continue to use it for personal use without spending too much as it is in AWS.
Ans: You can terminate your cloud account & extend it to pay as you go account.
Note: In the free trail cloud account you will get $300 for 30 days (depends on your region & location). You can create a new free cloud account with new email id & Phone number. Please, Shutdown all the services when not in use so that your free credit will not expire before date.
Q2). In the SaaS model if we face any issue with the database/application and if any patch/bug fix needs to be applied. Who would take care of it? Customer or Cloud vendor?
Ans: For SaaS & Oracle Managed PaaS, Oracle will apply patches whereas for Customer Managed PaaS & IaaS patching is Customer’s responsibility.
Q3). How application will connect to the database if it is running as DBCS and who will manage the firewall.
Ans: You as DBA will have access to configure the firewall (Security Rule). It’s same like on-premise and depends on where Application hosts, and you can connect using VPN, Fast Connect, or over the internet.
To know more about Networking In Oracle Cloud Check FREE Masterclass by Oracle ACE & Cloud Expert Atul Kumar On our Facebook Page Live
Q4). Please explain little more on the difference between Oracle Exadata cloud service and Exadata service.
Ans: Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service enables you to leverage the combined power of Exadata and Oracle Cloud. You have full access to the features and operations available with Oracle Database, but only with Oracle owning and managing the Exadata infrastructure. Wherein Exadata Service, Exadata box will be deployed on your company premise and either you or Oracle will be managing the things based on your plan.
Q5). As we can create more than one DB in DBCS Exadata system, How is pricing done is it per DB or per bare metal host.
Ans: Check the below link for more info: Exadata-cloud at customer/pricing
Q6: What is user OPC (Oracle Public Cloud)?
Ans: The system administrator account you use to connect to the compute node using SSH. This user can use the sudo command to perform operations that require root-user access.
Q7). What is OCPUs?
Ans: OCPU Per Hour: is defined as the number of Oracle Compute Unit (OCPU) hours used as part of the Oracle Cloud Service. An OCPU provides CPU capacity equivalent of one physical core of a processor with hyperthreading enabled. Each OCPU corresponds to two hardware execution threads, known as vCPUs
Q8). If I need multiple database instances. Do I need to provision multiple DBaaS?
Ans: Yes you need to provision multiple DBaaS wherein as of NOV 2018 multiple database creation is only supported in Bare Metal & Exadata Cloud Service.
Q9). Is it possible to add more PDBs to the existing CDB on DBaaS, will the price change? If yes then what’s the advantage of adding more PDB to the existing CDB, then to create a new CDB with PDB.
Ans: Yes you can add more PDBs as long as you are using the correct edition if you are using enterprise edition & above you can add more PDB’s. You can’t create 4 PDBs in a system which has only 1 CPU & only 7.5 GB of RAM so you have to use a better infrastructure. That’s the advantage & the disadvantage. You have to look for an essentially good system which has more memory & compute to create more PDB’s & if you do not scale then there is no point in creating more PDB’s.
To know more about Editions in DBCS Check here
Q10). In a private cloud, whether we will have the option of pay as we use.
Ans: There is no pay as you go for cloud at customer, You will subscribe for minimal hardware & then you will pay for cloud services.
In Conclusion, it was a fantastic session and we have got very good feedback. All are now excited to learn Cloud technology and to Become DBA to Oracle Cloud Database Certified (1Z0-160)
Keep an eye on our next post. Many things to learn in Oracle Cloud!!
Now it’s your turn to post Questions in the comment section and let us know where you are facing challenges in your Cloud DBA Certification
This post is from our Course Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS) Certification (1Z0-160) with 1 Year On-Job Support and 1 Year Unlimited FREE Retakes (If you need to know more about this program then reach out to our team at email@example.com )
If you are just starting out in Cloud then I highly recommend you to go through these posts first
- How To Become Oracle Database Cloud Certified?
- Oracle Cloud: Cloud Account With Identity Cloud Service vs Traditional Cloud Account
- Beginner to Expert Oracle Cloud DBA, 12 Point Check List, Even If You Are Not a DBA?
- Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS) Overview & Offerings (1Z0-160)
- If you are confused to pick Amazon AWS or Oracle Cloud then check this
- Creating Database Deployment (DBCS | DBaaS): Oracle Cloud Certification [1Z0-160]
- Resource Management: Oracle Database Cloud Certification (1Z0-160)
- DBA To Oracle Certified Cloud DBA [1Z0-160] Live Training
- DBA To Oracle Certified Cloud DBA [1Z0-160] Self Study Training
- Oracle Cloud Certification (1Z0-160): Step by Step Activity Guides
Next Task For You
Have You Started Your Journey for Oracle Cloud Services DBCS Certification[1Z0-160]?
NO! Not YET!
So, Begin with Downloading your Guide, “FREE Exam Questions For Oracle Database Cloud Service [1Z0-160]”.
Click on the image below, & find out the question that may hold you back in clearing DBCS[1Z0-160] Certification…