As you are on this Blog post so you must have heard about Oracle Platform Security Service(OPSS). This post will Cover Basic Understanding of Overview, Architecture, New Feature about Oracle Platform Security Service(OPSS).
Let’s First started with What is OPSS?
OPSS is the underlying security platform that provides security to Oracle Fusion Middleware products, including Oracle WebLogic Server, service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications, Oracle WebCenter, Oracle Application Development Framework (Oracle ADF) applications, and Oracle Entitlements Server (OES).
Using OPSS, in-house developed applications, third-party applications, and integrated applications benefit from the same uniform security services across the enterprise.
OPSS is supported on WebLogic Server and is installed with Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure.
OPSS Architecture Overview
OPSS includes the WebLogic Server security providers and the Oracle Fusion Middleware security frameworks
The OPSS architecture has the following layers:
Layer 1: The uppermost layer consists of Oracle WebLogic Server and the components and Java applications running on the server.
Layer2: API layer consisting of Authentication, Authorization, CSF, and User and Role APIs, followed by the Service Provider Interface (SPI) layer
Layer 3: service providers for authorization, authentication, credentials, identity and trust, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), and cryptographic services. For authentication, OPSS uses WebLogic Server Authentication providers.
Layer 4: The final and bottom layer consists of repositories including LDAP and database servers.
- OPSS provides an integrated security platform that supports like Authentication, Identity assertion, Authorization, Manage and Map the roles, policies, Credentials, Certificates. It also supports Audit, security API’s.
- It Allows developers to focus on application and domain problems.
- Supports enterprise deployment, LDAP servers and SSO systems
- Provides a simplified application security maintenance.
- It Allows changing security rules without affecting application code
OPSS provides security for Java EE applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware applications, and Java SE applications. It also provides the tools to administer all security in the enterprise, and allows changing security configurations without modifying application code.
There are some New Features added in OPSS in the 220.127.116.11.0 release Like:
- When migrating application policies for an application using the migrateSecurityStore WLST command, the behavior of the how policies are merged using the overwrite parameter has been changed.
- The Keystore Service (KSS) has been updated to support Subject Alternative Name (SAN) SSL certificates
Apart from this, you should have knowledge about Like what is the system requirement, Certification Information, Licensing Information etc.
Oracle Platform Security Services installation and configuration will not complete successfully unless users meet the hardware and software pre-requisite requirements See Here Oracle Fusion Middleware System Requirements and Specifications.
What Oracle Platform Security Services is certified and supported, go to https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-certification-100350.html.
The latest information on Oracle Fusion Middleware Licensing, see Licensing Information User Manual.
In our Oracle Access Manager Training. We cover a lot of other topics like OAM, FMW and WebLogic concepts, OID, OHS, OAM integration with other oracle products, Cloning, HA, DR and much more. Please check our Step by Step Activity Guide You Must Perform to become Expert in IDM to see what all things we cover in this training.
Leave a Comment What more topics you want to see ?
- [Video] Oracle Identity Management 12c PS3 (18.104.22.168.0): New Feature/Changes Click Here
- Oracle Access Manager 12c (22.214.171.124.0): Download & Installation: Part I Click Here
- Oracle Access Manager 12C: RCU & Configure Domain (126.96.36.199.0) [Part2] Click Here
- Overview of Oracle Identity & Access Management Products (OAM, OIM, OID, OUD, OES, OIF….) Click Here
- Documentation & Download of Oracle IDM 12cPS3 here
- IDM 12cPS3 installation and Configuration here.
- Download IDM Software and create Schema click here
- Console in OAM: OAM Console, WebLogic & EM
- OID Consoles Overview: ODSM, Weblogic & EM
- Paid Program for IDM (OAM/OID): Architecture, Install, Configure, Integrate, HA, DR, Troubleshooting etc
If you are looking for commonly asked interview questions for Oracle Access Manager then just click below and get that in your inbox.