This blog post is the seventh blog Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification Series(AZ-900) of Topic 2: Core Cloud Services.
Check out the previous topic 2.2 Azure Resource Group.
In this blog post, we’ll cover Topic 2.3 Azure Core Services: Compute, Network, Storage & Database.
The internet traffic first hits the Compute then through Network goes to Storage service.
Azure Compute Service
- Compute is the on-demand computing service for running on cloud-based applications.
- Provides computing resources such as disks, processors, memory, networking, and operating systems.
- Azure offers compute services for IaaS & PaaS models.
Note: Functions are popularly known as Serverless.
Azure Network Service
- The Network Service is used to communicate between servers, resources, etc.
- Azure lets you connect cloud and on-premises infrastructure and services.
- Azure provides connectivity services such as VNet(Virtual Network), Gateways, DNS, application protection services such as Firewall, Network Security Groups, application delivery services such as CDN, Traffic Manager, Load Balancer and network monitoring services such as Azure Monitor.
Azure Storage Service
- Azure provides various storage services to store structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data.
- For IaaS, Azure provides Files and Disks and for PaaS, Containers(blobs), Tables, and Queues.
Azure Database Service
- Azure provides fully managed intelligent Database services.
- Depending on the type of database, Azure offers various Database Services like SQL database and Cosmos Database.
- Cosmos DB is a combination of SQL(core) API, Mongo DB API, Cassandra API, Gremlin API(graph DB) & Table API.
Here are a few sample questions from the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam[AZ-900] that you should be able to solve after reading this blog.
Q1: You plan to map a network drive from several computers that run Windows 10 to Azure Storage. You need to create a storage solution in Azure for the planned mapped drive.
What should you create?
- an Azure SQL database
- a virtual machine data disk
- a Files service in a storage account
- a Blobs service in a storage account
Correct Answer: C
Explanation: Azure Files provides a managed file share service on-cloud and on-premise.
- [AZ-900] Microsoft Azure Certification Fundamental Exam: Everything You Must Know
- Learn how to create a Free Microsoft Azure Trial Account
- [AZ-900] Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: Topic 1.1 Overview & Benefits
- [AZ-900] Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: Topic 1.2 CapEx vs OpEx Model
- Topic 1.3 [Video]Cloud Service Model: SaaS | PaaS | IaaS
- Topic 1.4 Cloud Deployment Models: Public, Private & Hybrid
- Topic 2.1 Azure Architecture: Region, Availability Zone & Geography
- Topic 2.2 Azure Resource Groups, ARM & ARM Template
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards Azure, Getting [AZ-900] Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certified, and earning a lot more in 2020 by joining our FREE Masterclass.