This blog post is about the new Oracle Exadata Database Machine X8 released on 20th April 2019 including the documentation of the machine.
Exadata X8 Features
The most notable features that the Oracle Exadata Database X8 has to offer are:
- X8 uses machine learning to tune Oracle Autonomous Database and automate indexing which relieves the burden on IT professionals and DBAs. It detects performance issues and root causes of a problem, and address problems without human intervention. It improves performance and eliminates manual tuning.
- Exadata X8 has 60% better performance than the previous machines which means it can pull data from a 560 GB database in under one second and under 3 seconds from a 1.6 TB database.
- With the latest 24-core Intel processors and NVMe flash, Exadata X8 delivers up to 4.8M 8K database read I/O operations, or 4.3M 8K Flash write I/O operations per second per full rack.
- Improvised security for mitigating threats such as “Spectre” and “Meltdown”.
- It is made more scalable by connecting multiple Exadata Database Machine X8-2 racks or Exadata Storage Expansion Racks. Up to 18 racks can be connected by simply adding InfiniBand cables and internal switches.
- There is a 40% higher capacity 14TB Helium disk drives as compared to the X7 10TB drives. However, if the capacity of the current Exadata system is not enough, the disks can be swapped. Additionally, a new Storage Server X8-2 XT expansion unit extends drastically less expensive storage for less-accessed, archived, or regulatory data, but with the same benefits of as of Oracle Database storage such as Hybrid Columnar Compression and 6 identical operations.
To be the first to receive updates of our blogs on Oracle Exadata Database, On-premise, and On-cloud, subscribe to our newsletters.
- Know more about Oracle Exadata Database Machine X8
- See what the analysts have to say about Exadata Database X8
- Introducing Exadata Database Machine X8
- Oracle launches Exadata X8 with automated indexing, performance improvements
Join Free Community
Click on the below image to join the FREE community: