This post covers the day 1 review of the interactive live session of the Dell Boomi Cloud & Introduction to On-Premise Integration.
The purpose of this post is to give a basic overview of Dell Boomi and to highlight some features and topics that are covered in the Dell Boomi course
What is Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi is a business unit acquired by Dell in 2010 that specializes in cloud-based integration, API management, and Master Data Management.
- Dell Boomi AtomSphere is a multi-tenant cloud-based integration platform that facilitates data and application integration.
- It is a leading iPaas which helps to create intuitive integration on the cloud.
- This platform has a rich set of connectors to facilitate cloud, on-premises and hybrid Integrations.
If you are Working as an Administrator, Cloud Architect & as a Developer, Below are the Step by Step Modules covered in our course which you should follow in order to learn Dell Boomi Course
Topics that are covered in Module 1:
Below are the topics that are covered in module 1
Overview of Boomi Platform
The Dell Boomi platform enables customers to design cloud-based integration processes called Atoms and transfer data between cloud and on-premises applications.
To Know more about the Dell Boomi please check our previous post Terminologies Every Dell Boomi Developer Must Know
Introduction to AtomSphere:
Dell Boomi AtomSphere is an on-demand multi-tenant cloud integration platform for connecting cloud and on-premises applications and data.
For more information on this check Four Key Points About Dell Boomi AtomSphere Platform
- Application Integration /ETL: A comprehensive tool to integrate applications, SaaS, on-premise.
- Boomi EDI: X12, EDIFACT, and HL7 standards
- Boomi API Management: Enables rapid creation, publication, accessibility, and versioning of APIs
- Boomi Master Data Management: Enables your data stewards to easily model match, synchronize, cleanse and enrich data across domains.
- Data Quality: To check the address, phone, email
Insights of Dell Boomi Platform:
- The Dell Boomi platform at https://platform.boomi.com/ is the home of the following Dell Boomi applications.
- The Dell Boomi platform supports:
- trust.boomi.com — continuously updated source of information about system availability, reliability, and performance.
Atom in Dell Boomi & AtomSphere Integration:
What is an Atom
- At the lowest level of Boomi’s architecture is the Atom.
- An Atom is a lightweight, dynamic runtime engine created with patent-pending technology, Boomi Atoms contain all the components required to execute an integration process.
- There is a full-featured dashboard to monitor the status and health of all Atoms and integration processes whether they are deployed in the cloud or on-premise.
- This is a single-tenant, single node runtime engine. It contains all of the components (connectors, transformation rules, business/processing logic) required to execute processes.
- It is lightweight and can be installed to a local machine or virtual machine in the cloud.
Integration is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single system that functions as one.
In an IT context, integration refers to the end result of a process that aims to stitch together different, often disparate, subsystems so that the data contained in each becomes part of a larger, more comprehensive system that, ideally, quickly and easily shares data when needed.
For more information on Dell Boomi Atom, check our previous post Steps for Local Atom Installation of Dell Boomi Platform here
Dell Boomi Deployment Model
So, that was the overview of the basic functionalities of Dell Boomi platform. To know more about Dell Boomi check our post Unique Features of Dell Boomi Platform
Q/A’s covered in Live Session
Below are few of the Question asked by our trainees on the very first day of the Live Session:
1) How can I get my credentials to access the Dell Boomi? Should I register or it will be provided?
Ans. The Dell Boomi instances are provided by K21 Academy with an access time of two months. Those who have purchased the Live Course will get free instance for the first time and those with self-paced will have to purchase the instance separately. So, you just have to practice our hands-on on the instance.
2) What is AS2 in the connector part?
Ans. AS2 (Applicability Statement 2) is a specification about how to transport data securely and reliably over the Internet. Security is achieved by using digital certificates and encryption. It is generally used for socket programming.
If you have any question please do share in the comment section.
- Terminologies Every Dell Boomi Developer Must Know
- Four Key Points About Dell Boomi AtomSphere Platform
- Unique Features of Dell Boomi Platform
- Steps for Local Atom Installation of Dell Boomi Platform
NEXT Task For You!
If you have not downloaded the FREE eBook – 6 Docs Every Dell Boomi Developer Must Read yet, kindly Register and Get a copy in your Email inbox.
Did You Find this Blog useful?