In this post, we will cover What is Dell Boomi and Terminologies Every Dell Boomi Developer Must Know.
What is Dell Boomi:
- Dell Boomi AtomSphere is a multi-tenant cloud-based integration platform that facilitates data and application integration.
- It is a leading iPaas which helps to create intuitive integration on the cloud.
- This platform has a rich set of connectors to facilitate cloud, on-premises and hybrid Integrations.
Terminologies Every Dell Boomi Developer Must Know:
Terminologies are listed below:
1. Component: Components are reusable “Objects” created once and referenced by process shapes across multiple processes.
Here is the list of components used in Dell Boomi:
d) Connector operations
e) Cross Reference Tables
f) Document caches
h) Map functions
j) Process properties
k) process routes
n) Trading partners.
2. Connector: Connectors get data into and send data out of processes. The connection represents the "endpoint" and contains the physical connection details, such as a FTP or database host, a web services URL and/or login credentials. The operation represents a specific action to perform against that connection, such as a database SELECT query.
3. Document: A Document is a set of data that goes through a process. It is a Run-time component. It can be a single record, a group of records, an EDI transaction or an entire file.
4. Execution: An Execution results from the running of a process. It helps to view the data passed into and out of the process, detailed logs and error Messages.
5. Map: It transforms data from one format to another such as XML to JSON,etc.
6. Process: It is integration between two or more systems. Every process begins with a Start shape that gets data from some source and usually ends with one or more connectors to send the data to the destination(s).
7. Profile: A Structure or layout of the data to be processed. Different types supported in Boomi: DB, EDI, Flat File, XML, JSON
8. Shape: A graphical presentation of “action” items of Boomi. These are linked together to form the business logic for a process. These help in performing execution tasks like routing, document splitting, and data transformation.
So, this is about the Terminologies Every Dell Boomi Developer must know.
- Steps for Local Atom Installation of Dell Boomi Platform , Click Here
- Four Key Points About Dell Boomi AtomSphere Platform , Click Here
- Build your first Dell Boomi Process in 5 min , Click Here
- Steps to Deploy Process in Dell Boomi Platform , Click Here
- Unique Features of Dell Boomi Platform , Click Here
If you have not downloaded FREE eBook – 6 Docs Every Dell Boomi Developer Must Read yet, kindly Register and Get a copy in your Email inbox.
Did You Find this Blog useful?
Leave a Comment.