[New Update: 1st June 2020] This blog post covers everything you must know if you are appearing for the 1Z0-1072-20 Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2020 Architect Associate Certification.
***This Certification is the next version of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2018 Architect Associate [1Z0-932] & Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2019 Architect Associate
***[1Z0-1072] exam retires on 30-Jun-2020. You can take scheduled exams till 31-Oct-2020; however, you MUST register prior to 30-Jun-2020.
What Is [1Z0-1072-20] OCI 2020 Architect Associate?
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2020 Architect Associate exam is designed for individuals who possess a strong foundation knowledge in architecting infrastructure using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services.
This certification validates a deep understanding of OCI services to spin up infrastructure and provides a competitive edge in the industry
- Note: To know more about the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) building blocks like Region, Availability Domain (AD), Fault Domain (FD) Tenancy, Compartment, Compute, Virtual Cloud Network (VCN), Identity & Access Management (IAM), and Storage (Block, Object, Shared, Archive) CHECK HERE
Prerequisite For 1Z0-1072-20
There is no Pre-requisite for this certification, you can go for this exam directly. Up-to-date OCI learning and hands-on experience are recommended.
Note: This certification comes under the Cloud Recertification policy.
Exam Details (1Z0-1072-20)
- Name of the Certification: [1Z0-1072-20] Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2020 Certified Architect Associate
- Platform: Available on Oracle University and delivered via Pearson VUE.
- Exam Duration: 85 minute
- Exam Number: 1Z0-1072-20
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing score: 65%
- Exam Cost: $150 or INR 10,475
Note: 25% Discount on the listed price is offered to those who are an OPN.
What Topics to Learn for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2020 Architect Associate?
If you planning to take this exam, you have to be well prepared with the topics such as Cloud computing concepts (HA, DR, Security), regions, availability domains, OCI terminology and services, networking, databases, Autonomous Database, load balancing, FAST CONNECT, VPN, Compartments, Identity and Access Management, and tagging. So once you are done with learning these topics & doing Hands-on Cloud, you are ready for the exam.
1) Launching Bare Metal & Virtual Compute Instances
In this, we will learn how to create Virtual Machine and Bare Metal instances using the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Service.
2) Database & Advanced Database
The Database service offers autonomous and user-managed Oracle Database cloud solutions.
- Autonomous databases are preconfigured, fully-managed environments that are suitable for either transaction processing or for data warehouse workloads.
- User-managed solutions are bare metal, virtual machine, and Exadata DB systems that you can customize with the resources and settings that meet your needs.
Note: To know more about the Oracle Cloud Database Options (VMDB, BMDB, ExaCS, ExaCS & Autonomous (ADW, ATP) CHECK HERE
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute lets you provision and manages compute hosts, known as Instances You can launch instances as needed to meet your compute & application requirements.
4) Identity & Access Management
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Identity and Access Management (IAM) lets you control who has access to your cloud resources. You can control what type of access a group of users have and to which specific resources.
5) Networking Basic & Advanced Concepts
When you work with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Whether you are deploying Database or Application the very first thing you will do is create a Network (VCN & Subnet)
- You then will decide which part of Application/Database is in what Subnet, What Ports to open across Subnet, How Primary Database talks to DR, Where to Deploy LoadBalancer for HA & Networking across Region.
Note: To learn more about Networking in Cloud: Who Should Learn & Why, CHECK HERE
6) Storage & Load Balancer
Oracle offers Local NVMe SSD’s and Block Volumes for IO-intensive application types, File Storage for enterprise applications, Object Storage for internet accessible storage of unstructured data, and Archive Storage for a long term reliable archival. Each is manageable through the console and by CLI.
Load Balancer provides automated traffic distribution from one entry point to multiple servers in VCN or Load balancer automatically distributes traffic to list healthy backend servers based on
- Health Check Policy
- Load Balancing Policy
7) Architecting Best Practices
New Topics added in 1Z0-1072-20
- More Scenario Based Questions
- Oracle Kubernetes Engine (OKE)
- Object Storage Replication
- Object Storage Versioning.
- Compartment Movement
- OS Management
- Block Storage Resizing
- Autonomous Database – Consumer Groups
- DR Concepts in Database.
- Scope of Services
Practice the Hands-On Lab (HOL) thoroughly with the help of the Step-by-Step Activity Guides to Clear the Exam blog post.
Register for the 1Z0-1072-20 exam at Oracle’s official website i.e. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2020 Architect Associate
- 1Z0-932 V/S 1Z0-1072: Oracle Cloud Infra Architect Associate Certification
- [Video] Oracle Cloud Infra Architect Certification [1Z0-932], 8 Week Roadmap, Documentation
- 1Z0-1067 | Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Operations Associate Certification
- 1Z0-997 | Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2019 Architect Professional
- FREE MasterClass On How To Become Oracle Certified Cloud Architect [1Z0-932] in 8 Weeks
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect (1z0-932)Live Training
Begin Your Cloud Journey
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle Cloud Certified Architect Associate by joining the FREE MasterClass on How To Become Oracle Certified Cloud Architect Associate in 8 Weeks