This Post covers step by step instructions to create the Oracle Integration Cloud Instance to practice integrations as mentioned in our Step-by-Step Activity Guides that you must perform.
If you are new to Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), then check out our previous blog here as it contains all the key points that a beginner should know about Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC).
Before proceeding further, Make sure you have registered for Oracle Demo Cloud Account and if not then follow our step by step guide at https://k21academy.com/cloud01 for FREE Oracle Cloud Trial Account.
Key Points to know before Creating Oracle Integration Cloud Instance:
- There are two ways to create the OIC Instance:
- Quick Start: Preselected features for quick provisioning.
- Custom Instance (Preferred): In this, you have options to select features and number of message packs.
- In both types of Oracle Integration Instances, Oracle will manage instance, performance, backup, patching, upgrade, etc.
- Both types of Oracle Integration Instances are created on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). To know more about OCI, click here http://k21academy.com/oci11
- In both the options, you have the below option to select,
- Integration Only
- Integration with Process Cloud
In Custom Install it looks like:
In Quick Start it looks like:
a) Oracle Integration – Enterprise: Installs both Integration & Process Cloud Features.
b) Oracle Integration – Standard: Installs the Integration feature set. (Process Feature is not included in Standard).
Steps to Create the Oracle Integration Cloud Instance:
Option I: Provision/configure Oracle Integration using Custom Options:
- On the My Services Console Dashboard page, click in the top left corner of the My Services Console Dashboard. Then Click Services > Integration and after that Click on Create Instance.
2. Specify the details it prompts for and click on Next. Confirm your selections, then click Confirm at last.
3. Wait for the provisioning to complete. Once the provisioning completed, you can click on the created instance to view the details.
Option II: Provision/configure Oracle Integration using Quick Start:
1. On My Dashboard, Click on Create Instance.
2. Now Click on All Services and it will show the all available options for integration.
3. Now Click on Create in Integration Tile to create Integration Cloud Instance quickly.
4. Enter Instance name and Select the required option and Click Create.
5. Wait for the provisioning to complete. Once the provisioning completed, you can click on the created instance to view the details.
This is all in nutshell about creating Oracle Integration Cloud instance. We cover this in Provisioning Instance module of our Oracle Integration Cloud Services Training (To register for FREE Masterclass, click here) where we also cover about configuring Adaptors and connections, Configuring integrations, Data Mapping, Lookups, SaaS, On-premises integration agents, Security, Schedules, Versioning, Activating, Monitoring integrations and much more.
Stay tuned for our next post where I am going to cover Console Walkthrough of Oracle Integration Cloud!
Next Task for you:
- If you don’t have a FREE Oracle cloud account yet, then follow our step by step guide here to get the same.
- Create an OIC Instance.
- Register for our FREE Masterclass on “Be an Integration Expert with Oracle Integration Cloud Services”? by clicking on the image below.
If you liked this post, then share with Your Friends on Social Media!
Click on the Image below to join our FREE Community group.