In this post, I am going to show you what is the Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG) and what are the Major Components Features and Definitions does it bring.
If you are new to Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), then check out our blogs below as these contain all the key points that a beginner should know about Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), creating Oracle Integration Instance and Consoles walkthrough.
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
- Create Oracle Integration Cloud Instance: Step-by-Step
- Console Walkthrough of Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Service
- Create Your First VBCS Instance in Oracle Cloud
Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG)
The Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter is one of many predefined adapters included with Oracle Integration Cloud Service allowing you to securely connect and use Oracle E-Business Suite services in Oracle Integration Cloud Service.
Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG) is a complete set of service infrastructure used to provide, consume, and administer web services of Oracle E-Business Suite.
Integration interfaces published in the Oracle Integration Repository can be transformed into SOAP and REST-based Web services.
Advantage Of ISG
- It provides the connectivity between Oracle E-Business Suite and other cloud-based applications.
- Provides a strong consistent integration framework with extensive infrastructure based on SOA principles
- Contain pre-built and reusable business services
- Provide native service enablement capability within the Oracle E-Business Suite to create composite services
- It significantly simplifies the complexity of typical integration experiences.
- Through the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter, in OIC you can quickly integrate your systems with desired Oracle E-Business Suite services.
- You can easily monitor and manage the integrations when needed.
- Support multiple authentication types for inbound service requests in securing Web service content and authenticating Web service operations
- For SOAP services UsernameToken Based Security and SAML Sender-Vouches Token Based Security
- For REST Services HTTP Basic Authentication and Token-Based Authentication
Deploy Integration Component On OIC?
- Oracle E-Business Suite users with appropriate privileges can deploy these integration interfaces as REST services.
- Users can also manage the service lifecycle activities through the Integration Repository.
- The Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter provides access to these REST services that you can use for creating integrations in Oracle Integration Cloud Service.
Major Components Features & Definitions
Enabling Oracle E-Business Suite Web Services
It is an important feature of Oracle EBS SOA gateway. It allows for the transformations of native integration interface definition to Webservice such as SOAP and REST. SOAP services can be deployed from Integration Repositories of SOA suite and REST services are deployed to Oracle E-Business Suite.
- The service provider acts as a mediator between Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle SOA Suite to facilitate the service for various Oracle E-Business Suite interfaces
- Services consumer is the group that consumes the services provided by the service provider.
- Service Broker is the one that describes the location and contract of the service, ensuring the availability of information for potential consumers.
Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG) enables supported interface types published in Oracle Integration Repository
- Oracle Integration Repository is a catalog of the public integration interfaces and APIs available from Oracle E-Business Suite.
- It is the centralized repository that contains numerous interface endpoints within Oracle E-Business Suite.
- It describes the integration interfaces from different EBS modules. The interfaces are categorized by interface type, product, and business entity.
- EBS users with any of the roles of Integration Administrator, Integration Developer, Integration Analyst, can access it.
- When the connection to Oracle E-Business Suite is successfully established, Oracle E-Business Suite service metadata will be retrieved from the Integration Repository and imported to Oracle Integration Cloud Service.
- You can then create an integration by selecting a desired Oracle E-Business Suite service.
The supported interface types for integrations in Oracle Integration Cloud Service through the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter are:
1. PL/SQL API
Integrated SOA Gateway allows you to use PL/SQL application programming interfaces (APIs) to insert or update data in Oracle E-Business Suite.
A business interface can be based on a PL/SQL package from which you invoke procedures and functions appropriate to an integration.
When you add the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter as invoke (target) connections, PL/SQL REST services are available for outbound integrations from Oracle Integration Cloud Service.
2. Concurrent Program
A concurrent program runs as a concurrent process that executes multiple programs running in the background. Functions performed by concurrent programs are normally data-intensive and long-running, such as posting a journal.
The Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter supports outbound integrations with concurrent programs from Oracle Integration Cloud Service when adding the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter as invoke (target) connections.
3. Business Event
A business event is an occurrence process in Oracle E-Business Suite that might be significant to other objects in a system or to external agents. An example of a business event can be the creation of a new sales order or changes to an existing order.
When you add the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter as trigger (source) connections, business events are available for inbound integrations in Oracle Integration Cloud Service.
4. XML Gateway Message Map
Oracle XML Gateway comprises a set of services that allows easy integration with Oracle E-Business Suite to support XML messaging.
It uses the message propagation feature of Oracle Advanced Queuing to integrate with Oracle Transport Agent to deliver messages to and receive messages from business partners.
Similar to business events, XML Gateway messages are available for inbound integrations in Oracle Integration Cloud Service when adding the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter as trigger (source) connections.
It is a light-weight service execution monitoring and management tool.
The Service Monitor allows you to monitor Oracle E-Business Suite Web services data and statistics for all the instances of service requests and responses. In the Service Monitor UI, you can view the runtime request and response messages.
Service Monitor is limited to SOAP services only and runtime REST service monitoring auditing is not supported.
Web Service Security
- To authenticate users request Oracle EBS Web service checks the request messages based on the selected authentication type:
- The SOAP service messages have to be authenticated using UsernameToken or SAML Token-based security. The identified authentication information is embedded in the wsse: security Web Security headers.
- The REST service messages have to be authenticated using HTTP Basic Authentication or Token-Based Authentication at the HTTP or HTTPS transport level.
- Security grant allows for the authorizing of users with specific services or operations access. Multiple organization access control (MOAC) security rule is also implemented for authorizing interface execution related to multiple organizations.
- Input message header like SOAHeader for SOAP services or RESTHeader for REST services is used to pass application contexts needed to invoking Oracle E-Business Suite services.
- E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Implementation Guide
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
- [Free Masterclass] Oracle Integration Cloud Services
- 6 Docs Every Oracle Cloud Integrator Must Read
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Instance Edition, Message Pricing, and License Types
- How to exporting Business Data and Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS)
- How Import Business Data in Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS)
- Enabling Clone Utility On OIC-C (Doc ID 2481520.1)
- Oracle Documentation: Clone an Integration
Next Task For you
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle [1Z0-1042] Certified Cloud Integration Expert by joining our FREE Masterclass.