This blog post covers the Perl issue & fix which I have encountered while taking backup of Oracle EBS R12 to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) while running EBSCloudBackup.pl script.
To know more about migrating On-Premise Oracle E-Business Suite R12 To Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), check here.
Things Good To Know About EBSCloudBackup.pl
- EBSCloudBackup.pl is a Perl script that helps you take your On-Premise EBS Backup to OCI Object storage.
- It comes with Patch number 30115120
- The minimum Perl version required to run the EBSCloudBackup.pl script should be Perl 5.14 or later with the JSON module.
While running EBSCloudBacku.pl on the source environment to take the backup of On-Premise Oracle EBS R12 to OCI object storage, I have encountered with an error as
“oracle@apps RemoteClone]$ perl EBSCloudBackup.pl
perl: symbol lookup error: /u01/install/APPS/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier/perl/lib/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Sys/Hostname/Hostname.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr”
The above Perl error is due to the lower version of Perl in your host environment where you will be running EBSCloudBackup.pl
There are multiple fixes for the issue
- When you download the patch 30115120 which contains EBSCloudBackup.pl scripts, that will also have the latest Perl, you need to set the host Perl variable to the Perl present in the patch
- Eg: export PATH=/home/oracle/Downloads/30115120 /RemoteClone/3pt/perl/bin:$PAT
- Check the Database tier Perl version and application tier Perl version whichever version higher set that perl
- Eg:export PERL5LIB=/perl/lib/5.14.1:/perl/site_perl/5.14.1:/appsutil/perl
- you can directly the run the EBSCloudBackup.pl using the perl present in the pacth
- Eg:3pt/perl/bin/perl EBSCloudBackup.pl
All these things have been covered in a more detailed way in our EBS On OCI Training. Registered for the Free Masterclass on How To Transition From An Oracle Apps DBA To Oracle Cloud Apps DBA?
I hope you find the blog useful in troubleshooting the Perl issue while taking the backup of your On-premise backup of EBS R12 to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) using EBSCloudBackup.pl script. Please let us know in the comment section if you have doubts or issue while doing the same.
- Creating a Backup of an On-Premises Oracle E-Business Suite Instance on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- 2434500.1 Deploying Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- [Video] Oracle EBS R12 on Cloud For Beginners: 7 Things You Must Know
- April 2019 EBS Cloud Manager Updates(19.1.1)
- Oracle EBS (R12) on Cloud (OCI) Beginners: 15 Things Apps DBAs Must Know
- [Video] Role of Oracle Apps DBA (EBS) R12 On Cloud
Next Task For You
If you are an Oracle Apps DBA and would like to upgrade yourself to a Cloud Apps DBA and earn more, then attend our free masterclass which includes topics like Database Deployment Options in Oracle Cloud, Certification for DBAs in Oracle Cloud, 12 Weeks Roadmap to being an Expert on Oracle Cloud Apps DBA and many more.