Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) provides high availability and scalability for Oracle Database.
One of the most common questions being asked in our Oracle Database Cloud Administration Training and FREE 1 Hour Masterclass on Cloud is “Does Oracle Cloud supports RAC”
If Yes, then What Option I need to select in Oracle DBCS to configure/deploy Oracle RAC“?
Looking at number of times this question was asked, I created a quick Video about Oracle RAC on Cloud
As covered in the video, the answer is Yes, it is possible to install/configure/deploy Oracle RAC on Oracle Cloud by selecting Extreme Performance.
Open the Oracle Database Cloud Service Console and follow below steps:
1. On Create Service Page, specify the service name, Description, Service Level, Metering Frequency, Software Release. In Software Edition option select “Enterprise Edition: Extreme Performance” and in Database Type select “Database Clustering with RAC” and Click Next.
2. On Details Page, Specify the Database Name, PDB Name, Password, Usable DB Storage, Compute Shape (select minimum 2 CPU), SSH Public Key, Backup Destination and other Advanced settings as shown in Video and then hit Next.
3. On Confirmation Page, verify the details and click on Create.
4. On next page, you will see the summary where you will see the status as “It creating a service for RAC“.
5. Here when you click on the Database Name you created. It will show the RAC machines Name, Nodes, CPUs, Memory, Storage, and Version etc. At bottom, it will show you the progress of RAC instances creation. It will take around 1 hour to create the instances.
Did You Find this Video useful ?
What more topics you want to see as part of 5 Minute Tech Tips on Oracle Cloud ?
Leave a Comment
To keep getting useful discussions and daily updates on Oracle Cloud, and to participate in the weekly Quizzes, join our private group on Facebook: Oracle Cloud
- Download our Step By Step Guide to Create Oracle Cloud Account and Create Your first Oracle Database on Cloud. If you need any help then post comments below