In this post, we are going to cover the issue and its fix that one of our trainees was facing this issue while accessing Oracle EBS R12.1.3 application. They were getting this error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.
The following error occurred after patching EBS to 12.1.3 don’t worry we have got you covered in this blog.
Let’s check in the error log why this happened, go to $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/oacore/logs and check the log file
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles
There are two ways in which the issue can be resolved now.
1. We can resolve this issue by Bouncing the database on each node in case of RAC.
2. You can make below changes in application and bounce services:
1. Backup the Jserv.properties file. (Backing up the original file is the best practice, if anything goes sideways you can restore the original state of the system.)
2. changing the value of the LONG_RUNNING_JVM= parameter from “true” to “false” in Jserv.properties file.
grep -i wrapper.bin.parameters=-DLONG_RUNNING_JVM Jserv.properties wrapper.bin.parameters=-DLONG_RUNNING_JVM=false
3. Stoping adapactl.sh stop (To ensure that all the serves are stoped)
cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME adapactl.sh stop
4. Clearing server-level cache:
cd $COMMON_TOP mv _pages _pages_09July2014 mkdir _pages
5. Clearing modplsql caches:
cd $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/modplsql/ mv cache cache_09July2014 cd cache rm -rf *
6. Clearing Apache logs
cd $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/ mv logs logs_09July2014 cd logs rm - rf *
Now try starting the services
cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME adapactl.sh start.
Please share this blog with your friends and Colleagues and stay tuned for our future blogs.
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 12.2.8 Now Available: Documentation & Download Software
- Installing Oracle E-Business Suite? Look at new StartCD
- Oracle AppsDBA (R12): Step by step Activity Guides
- [Solved] RC-20200: Fatal: Could not find Unzip When Installing EBS R12.1
- Oracle AppsDBA (R12.2): Install | Patch | Clone | Maintain
- Patching for Java Web Start in EBS R12.1
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming an Apps DBA by joining our FREE Masterclass on How To Become an Oracle Apps DBA (R12) & Earn A Lot More In 2020.