This post covers the Overview of Oracle Internet Directory (OID) Consoles, video lesson from our OID Training (OID course is also covered as Bonus in OAM Training). There are three console (GUI) to manage OID i.e. OSDM (Oracle Internet Directory service manager). Weblogic & Fusion Middleware EM (Enterprise Manager) Console.
Note: If you are new to Oracle Directory Services (ODS), then I highly recommend you to watch my previous Video Blog post about OID, OVD, OUD and ODSEE. Check out video on ODS and products that are part of ODS here
Watch the Short Video which Covers the ODSM, Weblogic and EM console.
- Video starts with File System of OID, covering Instance Home, Coherence Home, WebLogic, Domain Home etc
- It then explains how OID LDAP processes connects to OID Schema is database i.e. using tnsnames.ora
- It then explains where are OID Diagnostic logs for troubleshooting
Oracle Internet Directory: ODSM Console
One of the most important OID Console is ODSM Console. Oracle Directory Service Manager (ODSM) Console, also used in OUD (Oracle Unified Directory). ODSM is a Java application and can be deployed on both Admin and Managed Server.
- ODSM is Java Application that can be deployed either on Admin Server or Managed Server
- OUD 12c ODSM Console is name as OUDSM Console or OUD Service Manager.
- To check the port for ODSM we can get it from WebLogic configuration $DOMAIN_HOME/config/config.xml or it can be accessed from WebLogic Console.
- To access the ODSM URI is http://<Hostname.domain_name>:port_number/odsm
ODSM will connect to OID LDAP process, either using LDAP Port Number or LDAP Secure. (in the Video we have explained in detail and also explain how it is accessible from server)
With the use of ODSM you can do all Configuration for OID and create object classes (collection of attribute), Password Policy, Create any User and Groups etc..
Oracle Internet Directory: Weblogic Console
The BEA WebLogic Server Administration Console is a Web browser-based, a graphical user interface that you use to manage a WebLogic Server domain. A WebLogic Server domain is a logically related group of WebLogic Server resources that you manage as a unit.
Use the Administration Console to:
- Configure, start, and stop WebLogic Server instances
- Configure WebLogic Server clusters
- Configure WebLogic Server services, such as database connectivity (JDBC) and messaging (JMS)
- Configure and deploy your applications
- Monitor server and application performance
- View server and domain log files and Lot more…
To use the Administration Console, use one of the supported Web browsers for your environment. See Browser Support for the WebLogic Server Console. If your Web browser is not on this list of supported browsers, you may experience functional or formatting problems when using the Administration Console.
To start the Administration Console:
- Start an Administration Server.
- Open one of the supported Web browsers and open the following URL:
Oracle Internet Directory: EM Console
Oracle Internet Directory can login to EM Console and Manage the OID server as start/stop the OID and DIP, Configure the DIP and OID.
To access the Oracle Internet Directory Console:
- Start Oracle internet Directory Admin server. we have used a sperate port number to start OID Admin server as “7003”
- Navigate to the following URL: http://host_name.domain_name:port_number/em
For example: http://myhost.mycompany.com:7003/em
Note: You can find the exact URL, including the administration port number, in config.xml
If you like this and would like to learn Oracle Identity & Access Management then get a FREE Mini Course on IDM/OAM/OID from here