This post covers high-level overview of OAM (Oracle Access Manager) & OIM (Oracle Identity Management) installation which is the part of IDAM (Identity And Access Managment)
Things Good to Know About:
Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) enables enterprises to manage the entire user life-cycle across all enterprise resources both within and beyond a firewall. Within Oracle Identity Management it provides a mechanism for implementing the user-management aspects of a corporate policy. It can also audit users and their access privileges.
Oracle Access Management (OAM) provides innovative new services that complement traditional access management capabilities.It not only provides Web SSO with MFA, coarse-grained authorization and session management but also provides standard SAML Federation and OAuth capabilities to enable secure access to external cloud and mobile applications.
Identity and Access Management (IDAM) is the combination of technical systems, policies, and processes that create, define, and govern the utilization and safeguarding of identity information, as well as managing the relationship between an entity and the resources to which access is needed.
This Video has covered about IDAM ( OAM & OIM ) Installation Overview and its high-level steps.
OAM/OIM ( IDAM ) Can be Installed using following two methods :
1. Automated Deployment Using LCM Tools ( IDMLCM): From 11gR2 PS3 Version Onwards, IDAM comes with this tool with makes it easier to Deploy with one limitation that you don’t get to see what exactly happens behind the scene.
LCM tool is used to automate IDM Deployment, IDMLCM tool support various topologies:
- OIM Only Topology– We have one OHS, and then IAM Governance Domain, with an admin server
and three other managed server and then we will have a database with all the schemas.
- OAM-OMSS Topology– We have one OHS HTTP server, then IAM access domain with one admin server and three access server and then a database.
- OIM OAM OMSS Topology- In this we have OHS, then IAM access domain with one admin server and three managed server and IAM governance domain with one admin server and other two managed server.
2. Manual Method Of Installing IDAM: To know about manual method please follow the doc of manual installing
We Cover this in Detail in our Oracle Access Manager & Oracle Identity Manager Administration Training also we cover Architecture, Install, Configure, Integrate, HA, DR, Troubleshooting etc in training.
- Oracle Access Manager 12c (184.108.40.206.0): Download & Installation: Part I Click Here
- Oracle Access Manager 12C: RCU & Configure Domain (220.127.116.11.0) [Part2] Click Here
- Overview of Oracle Identity & Access Management Products (OAM, OIM, OID, OUD, OES, OIF….) Click Here
- Documentation & Download of Oracle IDM 12cPS3 here
- IDM 12cPS3 installation and Configuration here.
- Download IDM Software and create Schema click here
- Console in OAM: OAM Console, WebLogic & EM
- OID Consoles Overview: ODSM, Weblogic & EM
Next Task For You
If you are looking for commonly asked interview questions for Oracle Access Manager then just click here and get that in your inbox.
If you are looking for Kickstart Your Journey to Oracle Identity & Access Management On-Premise or Cloud then just click below and get that in your inbox.