Are you appearing for Pearson VUE online proctored exams for Azure certifications and Oracle certifications and wondering how to register and want to know the challenges you might face?
In this blog, I have discussed about several things which are:
- How to register for the exams (Both Oracle and Azure)
- Requirements to give online exam
- Things to check before the exam
- During exam
- After the exam
Check all the above points to have a smooth and good experience while giving an online exam.
How To Register
There is a wide variety of certifications offered by Oracle and Azure, check by visiting the Oracle Certifications page and Microsoft Certifications page. You can directly select the certification you want to do.
To register for the exam, visit the Pearson website from here and Sign-in to your account.
Select the exam you want to register for and select “At home or Office” and run a pre-check before clicking “Next”.
Proceed further and select the date and time you want.
- You can always run a pre-check using this link.
- Operating System: Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or macOS 10.12 and above
- Display: Minimum Resolution of 1024×768 in 16-bit color
- Internet Browser: The newest versions of Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome and Firefox
- Internet Connection: 1Mbps down/up or higher
- Webcam: Minimum Resolution of 640×480 with 10fps
- Sound & Microphone: You will need to have a microphone and audio on and not muted (No earphones/headphones allowed)
Steps To Follow Before Exam
There are some things that you should check and do before starting the exam.
- Make sure you perform a SYSTEM TEST from the same computer and location you will be testing from on exam day. For the Oracle certification system test, click here and for the Microsoft certification system test, click here.
- Carefully review the ID requirements prior to your exam using this link.
- Make sure DO NOT USE office laptops as they have so many programs that will prevent proctor to release exam or if you are using it then make sure you close all the background tasks from Task Manager.
- Keep your room and desk clean (no pens no notebooks no wallet no Landline or cellphone on the desk or with you, unplug if you have a TV or monitor in the room). Items on the wall such as wall art, posters, and whiteboards will be inspected. If you are unable to complete a room scan, you will not be permitted to proceed further or to take the exam.
- Make sure you close SkypeApp from the background before launching the exam.
- Make sure no other accounts are in a logged state on the machine and the account you are logged in has the administrator rights.
- Disable Windows Defender if you are using Windows Operating System as sometimes it causes problems while launching the exam.
- Download the OnVUE software.
- Make sure you go to the washroom before sitting for the exam as you won’t be able to do that mid-exam.
Starting The Exam
Sign in to your Pearson Vue account to start your exam and follow the below steps:
- The exam you scheduled will appear once you log into your account. Click on your exam under ‘Purchased Online Exams’. Select the exam and then select the “Begin exam”. “Begin Exam” will be available 30 minutes before the exam is scheduled.
- Have your acceptable identification available so that your identity can be verified.
- Shut down any non‐essential applications such as email, chat, Facebook, or Skype.
- You will be placed into a queue and will contact the next available Proctor.
- The check-in process takes approximately 15 minutes for candidates who have previously completed a simulation test.
- You have up to 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time to begin the exam process. You are not permitted to begin the exam process after the allotted 15 minutes.
There are a few things that might happen during the launching of the exam by the proctor. Once you have set up your machine and logged into the OnVUE software the proctor will connect with you (usually takes 10-15 minutes). Below I have discussed some errors that you might face while launching of the exam.
- SkypeApp.exe error
If you happen to have this error and you already closed Skype then it means that skype is still running in the background. To resolve this issue open your task manager and look for skype and close it. If you still get the same error then uninstall skype and restart your machine.
- TskManager.exe error
If you get this error then make sure you have closed the task manager too after cleaning your machine.
- Sometimes the exam stops randomly and launches again after some time but if it happens with you and it won’t start after some time, please contact Pearson VUE Customer Support.
After the starting of the exam, the proctor might want to have a look at the room you are sitting in again so you will have to show him/her 360° view of the room using your webcam.
Once you are done with the exam, the result will be generated in half an hour. You will get a mail regarding the result once it is available to check.
You can directly check the result from the link provided in the mail or you visit this link.
- 1Z0-1085-20 | Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Foundations
- 1Z0-1072 | Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate
- 1Z0-997 | Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2019 Architect Professional
- 1Z0-1067 | Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Operations Associate Certification
- [1Z0-931] Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist Everything You Must Know About
- [AZ-900] Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam: Everything You Must Know
- [AZ-400] Microsoft Azure DevOps Certification Exam: Everything You Need To Know
- [AZ-103] Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam: Everything You Need To Know
- How To Prepare For [AZ-300] Microsoft Azure Architect Certification Exam