With the launch of Oracle Access Manager (OAM) Administration Workshop by Oracle ACE, Atul Kumar, we saw an amazing response from people who wanted to learn Oracle Access Manager (OAM). Unfortunately, We had to close the registration for training early as we were fully booked (We limit the number of trainees in a batch to ensure Quality of the training and individual attention we provide to each trainee for Hands-On).
And after few days of the workshop, Atul & Team K21Academy thought why not share what we cover in our training with everyone (especially those couldn’t join as we closed registration for OAM course early) through this blog. So the idea for this blog came, in this blog series you will get an insight of what we are covering in our training so you get inside view.
Today we are going to talk about key points that Atul covered in Day 1 session of Oracle Access Manager Training. Day 1 of the workshop started with Module covering – Overview of Identity & Access Management covering all the IDAM products and explanation of all these components.
And here is one of the PPTs from the session :
Covering four categories of IDAM from Day 1 ppt .
We covered high-level overview of all these products and their usages including OAM, OIM, OIG, OAAM, OES, OPAM, ODSEE, OID, OUD, DIP, OVD, OWSM, OMSS and lot more.
Task for you, go and look at all the various products that are part of Oracle Identity & Access Management and check what is business use or what business problem these products solve.
We were supposed to finish OAM Architecture & overview and basic WebLogic concepts but because of lot of questions (We encourage to ask lot of questions in live sessions), We only covered about IDAM components. This means all the trainees of this batch get an extra day with Atul which is a bonus.
Here are just some of the questions that we discussed and worth sharing
1. How is Authorization different than Authentication?
2. What are provisioning and reconciliation? Can you give some examples?
3. How to use the product for Single Sign-On (SSO) ? Should I use any one product from Access Management Suite (OAM, OAAM, OES, OWSM, eSSO) or I have to pick a specific product?
4. Why is Oracle SOA Suite required for OIM ?
5. Where is Approval Workflow used in Identity Management ?
6. What is the difference between coarse grained and fine grained authorization ?
7. What all information is stored in LDAP server and How OAM links to LDAP server?
8. What is DIP and where is DIP used ? Is it mandatory to use DIP ?
9. Is EBS is a Target system?
10. Is provisioning is same as reconciliation ?
11. What is the differentiation between OAM, OID, IDM and what are the challenges among this product?
12. Will you please elaborate a little bit more about OVD and how it is going to use over OID?
13. Is IDAM is necessary to implementing OAM ?
14. EBS User at work is requesting to access their EBS with their Mobile device, what we need to implement, is this mobile security?
15. Are identity and access management jobs are specialized jobs. means they need to be looked upon as addon responsibility on DBA JOBs
16. What is the role of connector compare with DIP?
17. Is connector prebuilt in OIM ?
18. Can you cover OMSM with OAM Training?
19. Can you please explain about OAM development and OAM SDK?
20. In this training will learn OUD with OAM?
21. Do you have any plan to start OAM on Cloud?
Wondering about answers, look out for our next blog where I will be sharing the answers to these questions and also about Day 2 OAM Session.
Our Live OAM session is now closed but you can register for next batch by going here https://k21academy.com/oam/ When you register for this OAM training, you get immediate access to my professionally recorded training videos, step by step hands-on activity guide, all previous sessions recording, and dedicated machine to practice.
Have queries? Contact us at email@example.com or if you wish to speak then share your phone number and country code and a convenient time to speak.
If you are looking for commonly asked interview questions for Oracle Access Manager then just click below and get that in your inbox or join our private facebook group dedicated for Oracle Identtiy & Access Management.