This post covers everything you must know when you are appearing for Microsoft Azure Fundamental Exam AZ-900.
What Is Microsoft Azure?
Azure is Microsoft’s Cloud Computing platform. It is a combination of services for creating, deploying and managing applications that run in Microsoft’s secure worldwide data centers.
Almost any software that can be imagined can be written to take advantage of Azure services and can run in the Microsoft Cloud.
Why You Should Learn About Azure?
- Azure is 5 times more Cheaper than AWS for Windows Server and SQL Server.
- The organization looks for who have knowledge in Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Azure provides flexible purchasing and pricing options for all your cloud scenarios
- Azure is the only consistent hybrid cloud, has more regions than any cloud provider, delivers unparalleled developer productivity and offers more comprehensive compliance coverage.
- If you are already working on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Microsoft and Oracle customers will soon be able to migrate and run mission-critical enterprise workloads across Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud thanks to a new cloud interoperability partnership between the two companies. For more details on this Click here
Why Azure Certification?
- Advantage(Unfair): Two CVs with same experience but one with Certification
- Better Job Prospects & Higher Salary
- 70% Agree, Certification improved Earning
- 83% Find more Productive in Jobs
- 84% seen better Job Prospects
- 87% Enhances Professional Credibility
- Stand Out by Displaying Digital Badge on LinkedIn
General Information Microsoft Azure Certification (AZ-900):
- Certification Name: AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Target Audience: There are no pre-requisites for taking this course. It is targeted for anyone that wants to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
- Exam Duration: 85 minutes
- Number of Questions: 40-50
- Passing Score: 700
- Exam Cost: $99.00 USD
Who Can Do This Certification?
- Students looking to demonstrate foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure
- Students with non-technical backgrounds, such as those involved in selling or purchasing cloud-based solutions and services or who have some involvement with cloud-based solutions and services
- Students with a technical background who have a need to validate their foundational level knowledge around cloud services
Learning Path For Azure Fundamental
What Topics You Should Learn?
If you planning to take this exam, you have to be well prepared with the topics cloud concepts, benefits of cloud computing in Azure and how it can save you time and money, Compare and contrast basic strategies for transitioning to the Azure cloud and services available in Azure including compute, network, storage and security. Once you are done with learning these topics, you are prepared for the exam.
Here are Module wise topics which you have to learn before appearing into AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification:
1.Understand Cloud Concepts (15-20%)
Cloud Concept will cover the 15-20 % weightage of the overall exam. In this, you will learn how to Explore common cloud computing services, Explore the benefits of cloud computing and Decide which cloud deployment model is best for you.
For self-learning about Cloud Concepts – Principles of cloud computing click here
2.Understand core Azure services (30-35%)
Azure Core Services will cover the 30-35% weightage of the overall exam. In this, you will Explore the physical structure of Azure infrastructure, Understand the service level agreements provided by Azure and Learn how to provide your own service level agreements for your apps.
3. Understand Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust (25-30%)
Azure Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust (25-30%) weightage of the overall exam. In this, you will Learn how security responsibility is shared with Azure, how identity management provides protection, even outside your network, how encryption capabilities built into Azure can protect your data, how to protect your network and virtual network & about advanced services and features Azure provides to keep your services and data secure and safe.
For Self learning about Azure Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust Click here
4. Understand Azure Pricing And Support (25-30%)
Azure pricing and support 25-30% of the overall exam. In this Learn the different options you have to purchase Azure services, Estimate costs with the Azure pricing calculator, Predict and optimize costs with Azure Cost Management and Azure Advisor, Apply best practices for saving on infrastructure costs & best practices for saving on licensing costs.
For Self learning about Azure pricing and support Click here.
Top Certification FAQs
- If I fail an exam, how soon can I retake it?: If you attempt this exam and couldn’t pass for the first time, you need to wait for at least 24 hours before exam retake. If this happens to you for the second time, the waiting time for the next exam can extend to 14 days. In this way, you can take a maximum of 5 retakes in a year.
- If I want to Cancel the Exam, How can I do it?: If you cancel or reschedule an appointment at least 6 business days before the exam, there won’t be any charge for the cancellation. If the cancellation/rescheduling happens within 5 business days, you’ll be charged a nominal fee. But, if you fail to reschedule/cancel the appointment before 24 hours or you couldn’t appear for the exam, the entire exam fee will be forfeited.
- Do I need any Knowledge?: No, you don’t need any prior knowledge needed.
- How this certification will help?: It will help to provide foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure
Next Task For You
Click here to subscribe yourself to get started with Microsft Azure & for new updates!!
Click on the image below to join our FREE Community group.