This blog post covers everything you need to know about the [AZ-500] Microsoft Azure Security Technologies certification exam.
If you’re one of those who have always aspired to become a security engineer, now’s your chance! The world is embracing the cloud and so should you, this blog post is going to cover all the important exam details like course content, weightage, and many more details and updates regarding this certification.
This exam requires basic knowledge of IT security principles and a moderate understanding of most Azure offerings as it stresses the candidate’s ability to analyze and fix vulnerabilities with multiple security tools on the cloud.
Exam Details (AZ-500):
- Certification Name: [AZ-500] Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Target Audience: Candidates who have moderate to Strong knowledge of Azure cloud and services.
- Exam Duration: 150-210 minutes
- Number Of Questions: 40 to 60 questions(One lab with around 12 sub-tasks)
- Exam Cost: USD 165.00
- Exam Languages: English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean
Additionally, you should keep the following points in mind as they can improve your chances of getting certified.
- Although Microsoft doesn’t have any mandatory prerequisites for the AZ-500 exam.it is advised that you take the [AZ-900] Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam, if you are starting out on your cloud career.
- Experience in security tools and a basic analytical ability to solve problems go a long way in making things easier too.
AZ-500 Exam Topics:
With the basic information of the AZ-500 Microsoft Azure security technologies certification exam out of the way, we can now dive into the individual domains that are covered in the SecOps exam’s scope.
The following points give a basic outline of the specific weightage of each domain so that you can work out the important topics and plan accordingly.
- 20-25% of the exam questions pertaining to the first domain which covers the Identity and Access Management topics.
- The second domain covers the Implement Platform Protection topics and accounts for the most questions in the AZ-500 exam with a weightage of 35-40%.
- The following domain covering the Manage Security Operations topics has the least amount of weightage at 15-20%.
- The final domain is Secure Data and Applications and is responsible for 30-35% of the AZ-500 exam.
You can use the table below to get a quick idea of the AZ-500 exam topics.
Review the detailed exam blueprint specified here for an in-depth look at the exam objectives.
Sample Question Types:
Some of the types of questions that can be expected are listed below
- Single choice scenario-based questions: These types of questions can neither be skipped nor be corrected at a later stage. You cannot reattempt them once they have been answered.
- Multiple-choice questions
- Case studies with multiple questions
- Arrange in right sequence type questions
- Single choice questions(scenario independent)
Exam Retake Policy
- If a candidate fails the exam in his/her’s first attempt, they have to wait for a period of 24 hours before reapplying for the exam.
- In case the candidate’s second attempt also fails they should re-access their training and retake the exam after a waiting period of 14 days.
- finally, a candidate has a maximum of 5 retakes allowed in a year.
Who Does This Certification Apply To?
- People with non-technical backgrounds involved in the marketing of Cloud security services and solutions.
- People with technical backgrounds who are looking to start their careers and are especially interested in the security aspect of the cloud, or those who want to validate their knowledge level around cloud security.
This certification exam provides a way to develop your cloud security skills and also demonstrate your skills to potential employers, hence providing you with an edge and Practical knowledge too.
If you are interested in making yourself an all-round Azure cloud professional, you can check out this blog post to find out about the [AZ-103] Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam.