This post covers everything you must know when you are appearing for Oracle Cloud Platform Identity and Security Management Certification [1z0-933].
What is Oracle Cloud Security?
The Oracle Cloud Security is for providing secure access and monitoring of your hybrid cloud environment and addressing all your IT governance and compliance requirements. Oracle delivers an Identity SOC providing actionable intelligence and bi-directional control through a combined offering of SIEM, UEBA, CASB and IDaaS.
If you are new to Oracle Cloud Security and Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS), then I would highly suggest you check my previous post on Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) Overview & Concepts.
Below are some basic terminologies of Cloud security:
- SCIM (Security Information and Event Management) for simplified user management in the Cloud by defining a schema for representing users and groups
- UBEA (User and Entity Behavior Analytics) is the process to detect users behavior and malicious activity.
- Identity SOC (Oracle Identity Security Operations Center) is Actionable intelligence on incidents supports a proactive defense as well as post-event analysis for the root cause.
- CASB (Cloud access security broker) is an on-premises or cloud-based security policy enforcement point that is placed between cloud service consumers and cloud service providers to combine and interject enterprise security policies as cloud-based resources are accessed.
- IDCS (Oracle Identity Cloud Service) provides identity management, single-sign-on (SSO) and identity governance for applications on-premise, in the cloud and mobile applications.
- IDaaS (Identity-as-a-Service) refers to identity and access management services that are offered through the cloud or SaaS (software-as-a-service) on a subscription basis.
Who Should go for Oracle Cloud Security Exam (1z0-933)?
- If you are Cloud Security Administrator or wish to become Cloud Security Administrator
- If you wanted to deliver identity and access management capabilities using Identity Cloud Service (IDCS)
- If you are managing and administering Oracle CASB Cloud Service (CASB).
- If you are a beginner in the cloud and wanted to move your carrier to Cloud technologies.
- If you use OAuth 2.0 and Open ID Connect for Authentication and IDCS for OCI Console
- If you are hosting your Weblogic application on Cloud using SMAL 2.0
- Working in Hybrid Solution series for Provision and Reconcile Users and Groups or OAM and Identity Provider (IP)
- Integrating Third Party Applications (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) on IDCS.
- Better Job Prospects & Higher Salary
- 70% Agree, Certification improved Earning
- 83% Find more productive in Jobs
- 84% seen better Job Prospects
- 87% Enhances Professional Credibility
- Stand Out by Displaying Digital Badge on LinkedIn
General Information (1Z0-933)
- Certification Name: [1Z0-933] Oracle Cloud Platform Identity and Security Management
- Target Audience: Designed for security professionals who possess expertise in implementing Cloud solutions.
- Platform: Available on Oracle University and delivered via Pearson VUE
- Exam Duration: 105 minutes
- Number of Questions: 67
- Passing Score: 69%
- Exam Cost: $245
Oracle Cloud Security Certification:
Oracle Cloud Platform Identity and Security Management 2018 Associate
What topics you should learn?
If you are planning to take this exam, you have to be well prepared in Identity (SOC) Framework, Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) Fundamentals, Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Services Architecture and Services Deployment. Once you are done with learning these topics & doing Hands-on Cloud, you are prepared for the exam.
This Learning Path strings together the key courses that enable you with tools to successfully plan and implement a security solution for your Hybrid or Public Cloud environments.
Here are Module wise exam topics that we cover in our Oracle Cloud Security 1z0-933 Certification training.
1. Identity Security Operations Center (SOC) Framework
- Identify the Cloud Security marketplace including trends, business drivers, and challenges (e.g. IDaaS, CASB, SIEM, etc)
- Describe Identity SOC framework high-level architecture
- Define Identity SOC framework services and capabilities
The traditional SOC (Security Operations Center) provides device management and monitoring services for firewalls, intrusion protection systems, proxies, and other perimeter and preventative security technologies. Alongside change management and maintenance of security devices, monitoring system logs and events have primarily been done using a security information and event management (SIEM) platform.
2. Identity Cloud Service Fundamentals
- Identify the key capabilities provided by Identity Cloud Service, including the business value
- Describe typical use cases for Identity Cloud Service
- Execute basic configurations on Identity Cloud Service including users and groups, dashboards, reports, and policies
- Secure Identity Cloud Service
- Configure Delegated Authentication
- Configure Adaptive Security and MFA
We cover these topics in our Cloud Security with Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) Training in detail. In Module 4: IDCS Users, Groups, Applications (IDCS Administration), Module 5: IDCS Customization & Branding, MFA Module 6: Managing Oracle Identity Cloud Service Applications, Module 7: Using Rest APIs and Adaptive Security.
check the previous post on Oracle Identity Cloud Service: Configuring Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
3. Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Identify the key capabilities provided by CASB Cloud Service, including the business value
- Describe typical use cases for CASB Cloud Service
- Execute basic configurations on CASB Cloud Service including users and groups, dashboards, reports, and policies
- Monitor Security Risks
Oracle CASB Cloud Service protects your entire cloud footprint with automated security monitoring. Oracle CASB Cloud Service meets modern, cloud security requirements to protect your business. Oracle CASB Cloud Service provides visibility into previously unknown applications downloaded from enterprise app stores and custom applications.
4. Services Architecture
- Illustrate Identity SOC architecture and components needed to build the solution
- Describe how Identity SOC architecture leverages complementary Oracle Products and technologies
5. Services Deployment
- Describe Service Requirements
- Illustrate Identity SOC deployment options
- Configure/Integrate Identity SOC components
- Demonstrate Identity SOC capabilities for a defined business case
In our 6 weeks Certification Program, we cover below Modules which will help you to clear the Certification Exam 1z0-933 and become Oracle Cloud Platform Identity and Security Management 2018 Associate.
Top Certification FAQs
- If I fail an exam, how soon can I retake it?: You need to wait for 14 days before re-taking an exam & only allowed 4 attempts to pass an exam in a 12-month period
- Who this certification is for?: DBA’s, Cloud DBA’s, Cloud Architect, Apps DBA’s & any IT individual who willing to upgrade their skills
- Do I Need any knowledge: You should have knowledge about Cloud & Oracle Identity Cloud service. (IDCS)
- How this certification will help in Job: Two CVs with same experience but one with Certification
There are some common mistakes which we saw in past trainees who appeared in certification program 1Z0-933 like:
- Not understanding theory or not working on all topics or working on old material.
- Not Doing Enough Hands-On
- FREE Master class on Cloud Security Using Oracle IDCS: Career Path & What to Learn
- Cloud Security With Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) Click here
- Oracle Cloud Platform Identity and Security Management Certification [1z0-933].
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS): Step By Step Lab Activity Guide for Beginners Click here
- High-level Steps to Protecting an On-premises Application with IDCS by Using WebGate Click Here
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service: Configuring Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).