This post is for WebLogic Beginners covering What is Weblogic Server, Weblogic Admin Tasks and Tools from our Oracle Weblogic Training (Lesson 2)
What is Weblogic Server?
- WebLogic Server is a Java EE compliant Application Server.
- Application Server is a server on which we deploy the Applications.
- An application server access other services like the database to store the data, sending messages across applications and integrates with external enterprise systems.
- Weblogic Server is used in almost every Oracle Product such as SOA, OBIEE, OAM/OIM, EBS R12, Fusion Applications, OEM 13c etc.
- WebLogic Server has different versions like 11g (10.3.6) and 12c
- Latest WebLogic Server version as of May 2018 is 126.96.36.199
- 12c Version of WebLogic Supports Multi-Tenancy (Mico-Containers aka Partitions)
- Weblogic Server is also supported on Docker Container.
Weblogic Admin Common Tasks:
Some of the common tasks performed by WebLogic Admins are
- Install Weblogic Server,Configure Domain
- Deploy Applications
- Migrate Domains from TEST/DEV to PROD
- Integrate: IDM/LDAP & Third Party Systems
- Troubleshoot Issues
- Performance Tuning
- Monitoring & Management
- High Availability & Disaster Recovery Setup
Weblogic Admin Tools:
Some of the tools used by WebLogic Admins to perform common tasks mentioned above are
- WebLogic Admin Console (GUI)
- Fusion Middleware Control (GUI)
- WebLogic Scripting Tool(Command Line Utility)
- Restful Management Resource
- Configuration Wizard
- Apache ANT
- SNMP Agents
Are you planning to Learn WebLogic Server or would like to check some of the common Oracle WebLogic Interview Questions then get the from here (sent over email)
Join 3500+ Oracle Professionals like you to discuss Oracle Weblogic Server, Ask Questions or Help Others in Private Facebook Group for Oracle Weblogic Server .
- What is WebLogic Domain?
- How do you create WebLogic Domain?
- Can multiple domains be created from single WebLogic Installation?
- Can domain span across machines?
Leave a comment if you know answers or if you want to know an answer to these questions (share which one) and If I see enough questions then I’ll cover about WebLogic Domain