In this video, we are going to look at Oracle Weblogic Domain. For those who are new, A Domain is an interrelated set of WebLogic Server resources managed as a unit. A Domain includes one or more administration servers and managed servers. Various clients use the administration server to configure the system. The managed server is used to run actual applications.To know in detail about Domain, go through the video below.
If you are a beginner and want to learn Oracle Weblogic Server Administration then check our blog post here where Atul covers Weblogic Domain Tasks and Tools.
What are the Basic Components of Weblogic Server:
Below are the basic weblogic components
- Admin Server
- Managed Server
- Node Manager
- Weblogic Server Cluster
What is the Domain in Weblogic server:
- Domain is a logically related group of Oracle WebLogic Server resources that are managed as a single unit
- Domain Provides one point of administration
- Can logically separate: A) Development, test, and production applications B) Organizational divisions
- Domain will have 1 Admin Server and 0..N Managed Server and 0..N Cluster
- Resources & Services of Domain are Machine,Network Channel (Port & Protocol),Virtual Hosts,JDBC and JMS
- Domain Configuration is stored in File Based Repository $DOMAIN_HOME/config/config.xml
Building Blocks of Domain:
- Domain will have a Domain Home
- Servers: Admin Server and Managed Server
- Domain Directory
- Each Domain will have it’s own WebLogic Admin Console
How Domain will Organize:
- We can create a multiple domains from a single Weblogic Installation
- We can have a multiple Installations with a single domain
So this is all in nutshell about Oracle Weblogic Domain. Please go through the video to know in detail.
We cover this in one of the modules of our Oracle WebLogic Training, where we also cover Architecture, File System, JDBC, JMS, HA, Clustering, Security, Patching, Upgrade, Backup, and Recovery etc.
Did You Find this Video useful?
Leave a Comment.
- [Video] Oracle Weblogic Server: Weblogic Admin Tasks & Tools.. Click Here
- Troubleshooting Oracle Weblogic Server: Startup Issue: OutOfMemoryError PermGen Space.. CLick Here
Join 3500+ Oracle Professionals like you to discuss Oracle Weblogic Server, Ask Questions or Help Others in Private Facebook Group for Oracle Weblogic Server .
- What is Server?
- What is Weblogic Domain Home?
Leave a comment if you know answers or if you want to know an answer to these questions (share which one) and If I see enough questions then I’ll cover about WebLogic Servers.
Are you planning to Learn WebLogic Server or would like to check some of the common Oracle WebLogic Interview Questions then get the from here (sent over email)