In this video, we are going to look at Oracle Weblogic Domain Home and Server.
For those who are new, A Domain Home is a Top Level Directory for WebLogic Domain and It can be created inside or outside Middleware Home, also it is applicable for Java Components such as SOA, WebCenter etc. To know in detail about Domain Home and Server, go through the video below.
If you are a beginner and want to learn Oracle Weblogic Server Administration then check our blog post here where we covered Weblogic Domain Topology.
What is a Domain Home :
- Domain Home is a Top Level Directory for WebLogic Domain
- Can be created inside or outside Middleware Home
- Applicable for Java Components (SOA, WebCenter etc.)
What is a Server?
- A server is an instance of your WebLogic which is running on a JVM and has dedicated RAM.
- There are two types of servers which are 1. Admin Server and 2. Managed Server
- These Servers are Configured to host applications and resources such as WebApps, Enterprise App, WebServices, JMS, JDBC, Diagnostics etc.
- Each WebLogic Server instance runs in its own dedicated Java Virtual Machine (JVM) which is their runtime environment.
What is the Java Virtual Machine:
- JVM is designed to optimize itself. However, it also provides some startup options to make small changes. There are default values for its memory and garbage collection.
- Each JVM has its own memory segment called Heap Memory which is the storage for Java Objects.
- Every Admin Server in any domain executes within a JVM. The same also applies to Managed Servers.
- WebLogic Server can be used for a wide variety of applications and services which uses the same runtime environment and resources.
So this is all in nutshell about Oracle Weblogic Domain Home and Server. Please go through the video to know in detail.
We cover this in one of the modules of our Oracle WebLogic Training, where we also cover Architecture, File System, JDBC, JMS, HA, Clustering, Security, Patching, Upgrade, Backup, and Recovery etc.
Did You Find this Video useful?
Leave a Comment.
- [Video] Oracle Weblogic Server: Weblogic Admin Tasks & Tools. Click Here
- Troubleshooting Oracle Weblogic Server: Startup Issue: OutOfMemoryError PermGen Space. Click Here
- [Video] Oracle WebLogic Administration: Weblogic Domain Topology. Click Here
Join 3500+ Oracle Professionals like you to discuss Oracle Weblogic Server, Ask Questions or Help Others in Private Facebook Group for Oracle Weblogic Server
- What is Admin Server and Managed Server?
- How Admin and Managed Server Related to Each other?
Leave a comment if you know answers or if you want to know an answer to these questions (share which one) and If I see enough questions then I’ll cover about WebLogic Servers.
If you planning to Learn WebLogic Server or would like to check some of the common Oracle WebLogic Interview Questions then get them from down below.