This blog describes the Oracle WebLogic Server Continuous Availability.
Oracle has made enhancements to the Continuous Availability Offering in WebLogic 126.96.36.199 in the areas of Zero Downtime Patching, Cross Site Transaction Recovery, Coherence Federated Caching and Coherence Persistence.
Zero Downtime Patching Enhancements:
Enhancements in Zero Downtime Patching support updating applications running in a multi-tenant partition without affecting other
partitions that run in the same cluster. Coherence applications can now be updated while maintaining high availability of the Coherence data during the rollout process. We have also removed the dependency on Node Manager to upgrade the WebLogic Administration Server.
- Multi-tenancy support
- Application updates can use partition shutdown instead of server shutdowns.
- Can update an application in a partition on a server without affecting other partitions.
- Can update an application referenced by a Resource Group Template.
- Coherence support – User can supply minimum safety mode for rollout to Coherence cluster.
- Removed Administration Server dependency on Node Manager – The Administration Server no longer needs to be started by Node Manager
Cross-Site Transaction Recovery:
- We introduced a “Site Leasing” mechanism to do auto recovery when there is a site failure or mid-tier failure.
- With site leasing, we provide a more robust mechanism to fail over and fail back transaction recovery without imposing dependencies on the TLog which affect the health of the Servers hosting the Transaction Manager. Every server in a site will update their lease.
- When the lease expires for all servers running in a cluster in Site 1, servers running in a cluster in a remote site assume ownership of the TLogs, and recover the transactions while still continuing their transaction work.
Coherence Federated Caching and Coherence Persistence Administration Enhancements:
We have enhanced the WebLogic Server Administration Console to make it easier to configure Coherence Federated Caching and Coherence Persistence.
- Coherence Federated Caching – Added the ability to set up Federation with basic active/active and active/passive configurations using the Administration Console and eliminated the need to use configuration files.
- Coherence Persistence – Added a persistence tab in the Administration Console that provides the ability to configure Persistence related settings that apply to all services.
So this is all about Oracle WebLogic Server Continuous Availability. Please go through the blog to know.
We offer Oracle WebLogic Training, where we discuss topics like Architecture, File System, JDBC, JMS, HA, Clustering, Security, Patching, Upgrade, Backup, and Recovery etc.
Are you planning to Learn WebLogic Server or would like to check some of the common Oracle WebLogic Interview Questions then get them from here (sent over email)
- [Video] Oracle Weblogic Server: Weblogic Admin Tasks & Tools. Click Here
- Troubleshooting Oracle Weblogic Server: Startup Issue: OutOfMemoryError PermGen Space. Click Here
- [Video] Oracle WebLogic Administration: Weblogic Domain Topology. Click Here
- [Video] Oracle WebLogic Administration: Weblogic Domain Home and Server, Click Here
- Oracle Weblogic Administration: Introduction to Multitenancy, Click Here
- [Video-Blog] Oracle WebLogic Administration: Admin Server and Managed Server, Click Here
- [Video] Oracle WebLogic Administration: Clusters and Dynamic Cluster, Click Here
- [Video] Oracle WebLogic Administration: Data Sources (JDBC) & JMS, Click Here
- [Video] Oracle WebLogic Administration: Machine and Node Manager, Click Here
- Oracle Weblogic Administration: Weblogic 12c Architecture & New Features, Click Here
Join 3500+ Oracle Professionals like you to discuss Oracle Weblogic Server, Ask Questions or Help Others in Private Facebook Group for Oracle Weblogic Server
Join our free live webinar to polish your learnings and basics for weblogic.
Did You Find this Blog useful?
Leave a Comment.