In this post we cover solution for the issue ‘extract or replicat processes getting abended’, one of the common issue/query that we get frequently from our trainees in our training Oracle GoldenGate 12c Administration.
We have noticed as per our experience during training, there are some of the common queries/issues faced by trainees while they are supporting the Goldengate environment or setting up the new environment. Hence we have come up with a blog series on those common issues/questions and resolution. Here is the fourth Query:
Check here for the third query, replicat is running but not applying transactions? Get answer from here
While trying to start goldengate extract or replicat processes, its getting abended
On Checking the ggserr.log file, found the below error
Note: ggserr.log in goldengate is present in Goldengate installation directory.
2018-08-03 12:33:54 ERROR OGG-02091 Oracle GoldenGate Delivery for Oracle, rep1.prm: Operation not supported because enable_goldengate_replication is not set to true.
2014-08-03 12:33:54 ERROR OGG-01668 Oracle GoldenGate Delivery for Oracle, rep1.prm: PROCESS ABENDING.
So let’s first understand role of this parameter ENABLE_GOLDENGATE_REPLICATION, it controls the services of Oracle Database for Oracle GoldenGate (both capture and apply services). On setting this to true enables the RDBMS services used by Oracle GoldenGate.
Supplemental Logging is controlled by this parameter. Supplemental logging is required for the logical replication of new data types and operations. Enabling supplemental logging add extra information to the redo log files so that changed vector is converted to SQL statements without having access to the database often. Earlier in GoldenGate, these added changes were controlled or handled by the Supplemental Logging DDL.
From Oracle 126.96.36.199.0 version, ENABLE_GOLDENGATE_REPLICATION parameter must also be set to enable the required supplemental logging for any new data types or operations.
All enhancements to supplemental logging required to support logical replication are also controlled by this parameter.
Enabling this parameter also include (but are not limited to):
- Transparent Data Encryption (including Tablespace Encryption) utilities used by GoldenGate Extract
- Service to read redo logs used by GoldenGate Extract
- Service to suppress triggers used by GoldenGate Replicat
- Service to handle transient duplicate handling used by GoldenGate Replicat
- Service to bypass referential integrity checking used by GoldenGate Replicat
- Services required to run Oracle GoldenGate in Integrated Extract and Integrated Replicat
If we do not set this parameter value to TRUE, we get the error OGG-02091
The prerequisite check for setting up Oracle Goldengate environment is not met. The parameter enable_goldengate_replication needs to be set to true on both source and target databases.
1. Set the parameter to true by connecting to sqlplus as sysdba and enable the GoldenGate replication with the following syntax:
sqlplus / as sysdba
SQL> alter system set enable_Goldengate_replication=TRUE scope=both;
2. Start Replicat process on target
GGSCI> start <replicat process name>
- Oracle GoldenGate: Supplemental Logging & Its ImportanceTuning Replicat Transactions
- Oracle GoldenGate: How to Handle Tables Without Primary Keys/Unique Indexes
- Oracle GoldenGate: How to replicate compressed table in database
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Step by step Activity Guides
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Administration
This post is from our Oracle GoldenGate 12c Administration Training, in which we cover Architecture, Installation, Configuring & Preparing the Environment, DML Replication – Online Change Synchronization, Initial Load, Zero Downtime Migration & Upgrading using GoldenGate, Oracle GoldenGate Security, Performance of Oracle GoldenGate and Troubleshooting and much more.
Did You Register For FREE GoldenGate Masterclass?
NO! So your next task is to get yourself register for our FREE Masterclass on Learn Oracle GoldenGate 12c for Replication & Migration to start your Goldengate journey. Click on the image below to register for FREE.
Hope this article helps you in understanding cause and resolution for error OGG-02091 in GoldenGate.
Do you have any queries in Oracle GoldenGate 12c? please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org