Registered for the Free Masterclass on How To Transition From An Oracle Apps DBA To Oracle Cloud Apps DBA?
If you don’t know about EBS Cloud Manager, check our previous blog post on Oracle EBS(R12) Cloud Manager Overview: What & How & also check our latest post covering the release of EBS Cloud Manager (19.3.1).
- Once you have successfully created the EBS Cloud Manager instance, then you need to run configure.pl script to make it functional.
- Configure.pl scripts create a configuration file that contains the value of the user authenticated to use EBS Cloud manager, compartments, groups, network, etc.
- It is a one-time activity and then you can use EBS Cloud Manager for Deploying Oracle E-Business Suite R12 on OCI either as a Fresh or vision Install or you can install using the backup you’ve taken.
While running the config.pl for the first time for configuring EBS Cloud Manager, I faced the following error:
Error: “Failed to execute command /bin/bash -c ” source /u01/install/APPS/software/oracle-bmcs-cli/bin/activate ; export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 ; export LANG=en_US.utf8 ; oci compute instance list-vnics –instance-id ocid1.instance.oc1.iad.anuwcljs77qm3eyc33qs2hr3suee3eyqmtewh7m7bi5nbmfq72kjpmagtzwq –config-file /u01/install/APPS/.oci/ebscm.admin && deactivate ”
The above error doesn’t much reveal about the cause, so I tried looking into the EBS Cloud Manager log file: /u01/install/APPS/apps-unlimited-ebs/out/configure_2019-12-24_XX & I found another error which was more clear and I was able to troubleshoot the issue.
There might be several reasons for the above error I encountered.
- The wrong username is given while configuring the EBS Cloud Manager using config.pl
- User is not authorized to perform the task, refer to section 2.2 Create Groups and Assign Policies from Doc ID: 2434500.1 and if you’ve given all the policies. To know more about the policy, check HERE.
- EBS Cloud Manager is created in the wrong compartment. With the release of EBS Cloud Manager 19.1.1, it supports the separation of duties which Each resource should be created in different Compartments. For Example
- Network-Compartment will hold all the network-related resources.
- EBS CM -Compartment will hold the EBS CM Virtual Machine.
- EBSDEMODBA-Compartment will hold EBS & Database.
After deep-diving into the error, I found that I’ve created the EBS Cloud Manager VM in the wrong compartment i.e. in the Network -Compartment wherein it needs to be created in the EBSCM-Compartment. So, after re-creating the EBS CM Virtual machine in EBSCM-Compartment, the issue was resolved.
I hope you find this blog post useful in troubleshooting the EBS Cloud Manager issue while running the config.pl for the first time. If you liked the blog post, please share this with your colleague or friends who are working on EBS Cloud Manager For EBS Deployment in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- 2434500.1 Deploying Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- 2434008.1 Managing the Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager Virtual Machine
- [Video] Oracle EBS R12 on Cloud For Beginners: 7 Things You Must Know
- April 2019 EBS Cloud Manager Updates(19.1.1)
- Oracle EBS (R12) on Cloud (OCI) Beginners: 15 Things Apps DBAs Must Know
- [Video] Role of Oracle Apps DBA (EBS) R12 On Cloud
Next Task For You
If you are an Oracle Apps DBA and just starting out your journey to Oracle public Cloud then we highly recommend you to download our FREE Guide that contains 7 Things Every Oracle Apps DBA & Architect Must Know To Build & Manage EBS (R12) On Cloud in order to Manage & Migrate Oracle EBS R12 on Oracle Cloud.
Click on below image to get the FREE Guide.