This post covers Troubleshooting Login Errors (FREE Video) including Request Flow (User -> EBS/OHS -> WebGate -> OAM -> OID -> AccessGate -> EBS Database -> EBS Apps Tier) from Module 11 of our Oracle EBS R12.2-OAM Integration Training for Single Sign-On (SSO)
- If you are new to Oracle EBS-OAM/OID/OUD/MS-AD Integration or have not yet looked at EBS-OAM Integration Architecture then I highly recommend you to look at Here First
In this FREE Video, we’ll look at how to Troubleshoot and Enable Debug for any login request problem in Oracle E-Business Suite R12 with Oracle Access Manager (OAM).
Below is one of the slides from our Training showing EBS-OAM/OID Login Flow.
So let’s start looking at, after the login page what happens and what we see in HTTP Header.
- As shown in Header file in Video, After typing username/password and clicking submit on OAM page, it is going to collect the User ID and password and give it to Oracle Access Manager with the URL something like “/auth_cred_submit” which means authentication credentials submitted
- Once authentication is successful (behind the scene OAM takes username/password to OID). Once User ID/Password successfully authenticated by OID, OAM sets a cookie called OAM_ID. This is because our webgate is configured in ECC.
Note: There are 2 methods to collect username/password: ECC (Embedded Credential Collector) and second is DCC (Detached Credential Collector) and default its ECC.
- After successful cookie, request is redirected back to the URL that user requested which is “Location: /accessgate/dossologin“.
- This /accessgate points to Access Gate/OAEA Managed Server in R12 . AccessGate will take this UID & GUID to the EBS Database for mapping user in OID to user in EBS
- After this it will set EBS Cookie, specific to your SID & value and redirected to “OA_HTML/OA.jsp” which means going to oacore server in EBS R12.
- That’s how a user will be able to login and will go to the EBS Landing page
You can check what stage request fails by enabling debug for appropriate component as shown in video and then you can troubleshoot/identify the root cause of the problem.
Above video is taken from the Lessons II of Module XI in our Oracle EBS – OAM integration Training
As request flow from Browser to OHS, to WebGate, to OAM, to OID, to AccessGate, to EBS Database, in our EBS(R12) OAM/SSO training We cover steps to enable DEBUG in all these components (Fiddler or HTTP Header at browser side)
If you have not yet downloaded FREE eBook – 7 Docs every Oracle Apps DBA must read for EBS R12 integration with OAM/OID for SSO get a copy in your Email
Did you find this video about “Troubleshooting EBS-OAM/OID SSO Login Flow”useful?
Are you having any queries about EBS-OAM/OID integration?
Have a question related to your Oracle Apps DBA Career or Training?
Post Queries / Feedback under comments below …