This post is the continuation from my Previous Video Blog where I covered How to Create your Database on Oracle Cloud (OCI ) and I also gave you a task on creating it yourself and then connect to database host so you understand it better.
After posting that video last week, I received a lot of messages in my Facebook Community that you were able to create & connect to database host which is good news and I am excited with your progress but then few of you were unable to connect.
So, In this post, I have Covered Troubleshooting the Database Connectivity On Oracle Cloud (OCI)
Find Database Server Details on Cloud(OCI)
Open the Hamberger menu & Under Database Section, click on Bare Metal, VM & Exadata. Go to the DB System
You will see the Public & Private IP like below.
Note: If you created your Database with the Public Subnet then only you will get the Public IP
Public IP & Private IP
A database can be deployed on either Public or Private Subnet.
Note: There are 2 types of Subnet Public & Private (Check more on Subnets here)
If you deploy Database on Private Subnet, you only get Private IP of your database host machine. It only accepts connections from machines within the VCN or you can connect to your on-prem network using FastConnect or IPSec VPN via DRG (Dynamic Routing Gateway)
When you create a database using Public Subnet, you will be getting Private & Public IP both and you will be able to access your database host machine using Public IP.
In order to connect to Database Host Machine,
- It should be in Public Subnet (Note: there are 2 types of Subnet Public & Private) (Check more on Subnets here)
- It should have an Internet Gateway associated with Route Table which is open to internet ie CIDR 0.0.0.0/0
- It should have a security list, which allows port 22 open from the internet & 1521 to connect to database listener
Note: When you create VCN using default options various resources is by default created by Oracle (Security List, IGW, Route Table).
To know how to create a security list and open port in Oracle Gen2 Cloud check here
Question For You!
What if you have Multiple Routing Table & your request can go by the Two Routes, so which route will Subnet take the precedence?
Leave your Answer in the comment section below
- How To Create Database on Oracle’s Gen2 Cloud (OCI)
- [Video 3 of 5] Oracle Cloud: Create VCN, Subnet, Firewall (Security List), IGW, DRG: Step By Step
- [Video 4 of 5] What Is Load Balancer In Oracle Cloud (OCI) & How To Create: Step By Step
- [Video] Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud Service 18c Now on OCI
- [Video] How to Connect to the Autonomous Database on Oracle Cloud
Next Task For You
If you want to take your career to next level by becoming Oracle Certified Cloud Architect even if you are a beginner then I would like to invite you to Join my FREE Masterclass on How To Become Oracle Certified Cloud Architect [1Z0-932] in 8 Weeks. Click on the image below to register for FREE